Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1996 Chevy S-10 Rear Diff

ronhallam

I have a rear diff from a 1996 Chevy S-10. It has drum brakes and I plan on converting to disc.

1. Is it ok to strip all the brake lines off housing? I assume I'll be installing new lines, etc..

2. Should I remove the welded brackets the springs were attached too? Or can I use them for something or are they just in the way?

3. And what is economical "brand" disc conversion kit?

Tnx, Ron

Spirit Cars uses the S10 axles in their kits and builds. Contact Josh at Spirit and he can get you all the info you need.

I have a rear diff from a 1996 Chevy S-10. It has drum brakes and I plan on converting to disc.

1. Is it ok to strip all the brake lines off housing? I assume I'll be installing new lines, etc..

2. Should I remove the welded brackets the springs were attached too? Or can I use them for something or are they just in the way?

3. And what is economical "brand" disc conversion kit?

Tnx, Ron
Yes strip all that stuff off. Be careful those housings are thin. We also have disc brake kits. Do you want it with or with out a parking brake?

Ok sounds good. Parking brake? I assume you need one to pass inspection for a good title after you build??? Ron

Yes strip all that stuff off. Be careful those housings are thin. We also have disc brake kits. Do you want it with or with out a parking brake?

I stripped everything off mine off mine to it looks cleaner. i ran all my brake lines around inside of the frame and just flex hose down to the drum.

I stripped everything off mine off mine to it looks cleaner. i ran all my brake lines around inside of the frame and just flex hose down to the drum.

Rooster, I'm going to run flex hose also. What length are you going to use?

I put a t at the drivers rear and a 90 at the passenger rear tire and the flex lines were 16 inches if i remember correctly

Thanks Ron for the price

I made some brackets out of 1/4 strap and mounted them inside the frame extending about 1 in below the frame. I used a bulkhead tee on the driver side and a 90 degree bulkhead fitting on the passenger side. 16 inch hoses are just the right length. Looks like good minds sometimes think alike.

Question here: I have some made up brake line. Why is one of the flare nuts longer with more threads then the other end???

What's up with that??

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back