Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

20 Circuit Wiring Harness on Ebay

AndyMenon

Hi all,

I just came across this 20 circuit wiring harness on ebay. The description specifically states that it accomodates electric fuel pump, electric fan, etc. My ride needs a harness just like this. It's priced at aroud $159.00.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

I just got a 12 wire harness from a guy on ebay called "fourwheeljunky" for $99.00, my feeling is that I could not have build it for that price. I really like the harness and even as I go to install it if I have to make some modifications I am still money and time ahead. Just my thoughts YMMV.

Mark

Hi all,

I just came across this 20 circuit wiring harness on ebay. The description specifically states that it accomodates electric fuel pump, electric fan, etc. My ride needs a harness just like this. It's priced at aroud $159.00.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

I just got a 12 wire harness from a guy on ebay called "fourwheeljunky" for $99.00, my feeling is that I could not have build it for that price. I really like the harness and even as I go to install it if I have to make some modifications I am still money and time ahead. Just my thoughts YMMV.

Mark
SO you haven't used the 12 wire harness yet , if you would can you keep me informed on your wiring,I am ordering the same harness for mine

I'll let you know after I get mine. after much research online, I just bought one yesterday
<
I would have liked to have seen a more detailed discription, but from the brief one he does have, and by looking at the photos, it appears to be a great deal. his feedback is excellent also, and most others who have purchased the same harness mentioned the good quality in their feedback so I figured it was worth a shot. he does have smaller harness listed in his store as well BTW, but I'd rather have too much than not enough, as I have EFI and will need some extras + both fuel pump and elect fan circuts.

Cheers,
Russ

Hi all,

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Mark

Looked up the member on ebay. But there are no items for sale by this member on the whole of ebay, let alone ebay motors. :rolleyes:

I'll let you know after I get mine. after much research online, I just bought one yesterday
<
I would have liked to have seen a more detailed discription, but from the brief one he does have, and by looking at the photos, it appears to be a great deal. his feedback is excellent also, and most others who have purchased the same harness mentioned the good quality in their feedback so I figured it was worth a shot. he does have smaller harness listed in his store as well BTW, but I'd rather have too much than not enough, as I have EFI and will need some extras + both fuel pump and elect fan circuts.

Cheers,
Russ

I agree. One thing that bugs me about wiring harnesses is not about buying one, but about the service you get when one runs into problems during wiring.

I'm a complete newbie to wiring. Let me know how it goes :)

Andy

Best suggestion I can give is to do one system at a time ...charging, lights, gauges, and acc. I might add, when your done, draw a diagram of YOUR car. Huge help when trouble shooting.

Ron

I agree. One thing that bugs me about wiring harnesses is not about buying one, but about the service you get when one runs into problems during wiring.

I'm a complete newbie to wiring. Let me know how it goes
smile.gif

Andy

Got my 20 circuit harness today. It looks awesome! correct color coding, lots of wire length, circuts are well marked along each wire, correct gauge wire (plenty big on the high draw circuts), soldered (as well as crimped) terminals on high draw connections. It came with a small booklet which outlines each circuits connections, but if you don't have some basic wiring knowledge you may need more in this area. overall I'm totally impressed with the value on this harness. I'd most definetly buy from him again.
It may be a wile untill I get to ther actual installation on this phase of construction, but my project is coming along nicely.

Cheers,
Russ

Got my 20 circuit harness today. It looks awesome! correct color coding, lots of wire length, circuts are well marked along each wire, correct gauge wire (plenty big on the high draw circuts), soldered (as well as crimped) terminals on high draw connections. It came with a small booklet which outlines each circuits connections, but if you don't have some basic wiring knowledge you may need more in this area. overall I'm totally impressed with the value on this harness. I'd most definetly buy from him again.
It may be a wile untill I get to ther actual installation on this phase of construction, but my project is coming along nicely.

Cheers,
Russ

Yippeeeeee!!! Is it the same guy that I looked up on ebay? :hooray:

And how do you plan to deal with the extra wires? I plan to wrap them up and stash them under the seat. :unsure: ?
I just noticed that there is some clearance space between the body and gas tank right above the rear end. I'm thinking if I could roll up all the extra wires, and run them on the frame, back to this empty space and secure them in there some how.

Looking towards saving some space under the seat, and use it to stash the wiring instructions and some emergency tools . :lol:

Thoughts?

Yippeeeeee!!! Is it the same guy that I looked up on ebay?
hooray.gif

And how do you plan to deal with the extra wires? I plan to wrap them up and stash them under the seat.
unsure.gif
?
I just noticed that there is some clearance space between the body and gas tank right above the rear end. I'm thinking if I could roll up all the extra wires, and run them on the frame, back to this empty space and secure them in there some how.

Looking towards saving some space under the seat, and use it to stash the wiring instructions and some emergency tools .
laugh.gif

Thoughts?

yup. same guy. as to the extra wires, I'd imagine they can simply be removed from the fuse block. I haven't looked to see what type of connection is there, but I'd expect they can be removed easily with a probe to straighten a lock tab, as many similar products use. I'll look tonight when I get home.

BTW. my harness came in a pre- packaged box. this isn't a guy building them at his kitchen table. there was also a 3/4" thick catalog inclosed with it, showing the other rod parts they sell. they have some nice stuff.

Russ

yup. same guy. as to the extra wires, I'd imagine they can simply be removed from the fuse block. I haven't looked to see what type of connection is there, but I'd expect they can be removed easily with a probe to straighten a lock tab, as many similar products use. I'll look tonight when I get home.

BTW. my harness came in a pre- packaged box. this isn't a guy building them at his kitchen table. there was also a 3/4" thick catalog inclosed with it, showing the other rod parts they sell. they have some nice stuff.

Russ

Double-Yipppeeee!!
Let me order one today :hooray:

Double-Yipppeeee!!
Let me order one today :thumb:
A quick q? How many days did it take for your item to get to you?
I ordered mine a couple of days ago, and the guy has not sent any shipping info. There is no response to my followup email either. I hope the guy ships it on time! :fidget:

A quick q? How many days did it take for your item to get to you?
I ordered mine a couple of days ago, and the guy has not sent any shipping info. There is no response to my followup email either. I hope the guy ships it on time!
fidget.gif

Ya. his communication was a bit lacking on my order also, but I got the part in 6-7 days, which I felt was great for a cross country order. patience grasshopper... all will be well.
beeer.gif

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back