Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Bit More Progress

Just a quick update.

I got the threaded rods tack welded in place which let me remove the jig. The three rods make the arms nice and rigid.

5-16-20 5.JPG

5-16-20 4.JPG

They seem to go well with the style of this car with similar shapes in the dash, windshield frame and taillights.

I had to get them higher than the rear tires.

5-16-20 3.JPG

5-16-20.JPG

Now they go back onto the molds where they're much easier to work on. The rods and bases will be covered, filled and sculpted.

And I had to add two layers of 3oz. mat to get to the right thickness.

5-17-20.JPG

I am certain one of our automotive publications would be interested in this build. Be sure and save the pics, chop!

Thanks guys. My goal is be able to drive this thing before I turn 60. Which isn't far away. Still so much to do.

Thanks. I think I was overwhelmed with starting this in a big shop with everything I needed, to a garage with nothing that I need.

I still have to get rid of my overhead garage opener and put in a wall mounted opener. Then I can bring in a gantry. I used to pull the body with a forklift and I had the whole procedure down. It was so easy that I'd pull the body in no time for any reason.

I'm also working in the dark with just one ceiling light.

And I need to get a good air compressor that can keep up with die grinders and sanders.

Oh, and a 250V circuit and some 20A circuits. The whole garage is 15 amp.

I'll get there. And luckily I can still take stuff to my work to get things done.

Thanks. I think I was overwhelmed with starting this in a big shop with everything I needed, to a garage with nothing that I need.

I still have to get rid of my overhead garage opener and put in a wall mounted opener. Then I can bring in a gantry. I used to pull the body with a forklift and I had the whole procedure down. It was so easy that I'd pull the body in no time for any reason.

I'm also working in the dark with just one ceiling light.

And I need to get a good air compressor that can keep up with die grinders and sanders.

Oh, and a 250V circuit and some 20A circuits. The whole garage is 15 amp.

I'll get there. And luckily I can still take stuff to my work to get things done.
It takes time and money to build a working shop. I moved twenty years ago and downsized my shop... it’s a real sacrifice.

Yeah those are cool. I like how you can point the light in the direction want.

But Spanky you are a little farther away from them than some of us...…….LOL....

Ooh! Tough crowd. I have a bunch of those LED (fluorescent looking) lights in my basement and garage. I love them.
$20 each at Menards. And they’re very energy efficient to boot.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back