Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

And so it begins

tfeverfred

I'm sitting here at work playing with my car. Took a little fu run for about a couple miles. hardly any traffic. Can't wait to get the speedo hooked up, so I can see how crazy I am.

Well, any way... I am thinking about putting on an Edelbrock 600 carb, but I'd like to keep my factory manifold. I know the carb would probably do much better on their manifold, but my engine is stock. It's a 305 SBC.

The Quadrajet I'm running now works okay and I'm familiar with them, but I'm sure the Edelbrock will work better.

Any thoughts?

If the Q-jet works OK, why change it. Change for the sake of change isn't aways a good thing. You could get a nice air cleaner with that $$$. The Cobra style from Speedway would go great with your new valve covers. JMO

Ron

Youngster said:
If the Q-jet works OK, why change it. Change for the sake of change isn't aways a good thing. You could get a nice air cleaner with that $$$. The Cobra style from Speedway would go great with your new valve covers. JMO

Ron

That might look real nice Fred...

925-11904_R.jpg

I loved my old Q-Jet in my old Firebird... sipped gas like a proper lady at tea, and when them huge secondaries opened up... yahoo!

Quadrajets are one of the most overlooked, yet good carbs on the market. I came out of the marine industry, and most of the Mercruiser, Volvo, and OMC V8 engines used them for years and years.

The small primaries are great for todays gas prices and those big secondaries provide a lot of HP when you kick them in.

Don

Well, so much for that!:) Yea, I guess I was just gettin' the bug to tinker with somethin'. I am satisfied with the Qjet and you guys, as usual, are right. Why fix it if it ain't broke? I need to go home and walk the dog I guess. :lol:

I'm going to hang out later with some HAMB members later. It's a monthly get together we do. I'll grab some pics.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back