Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big redo of the old bucket

Looks kinda empty...

empty%2520cockpit.JPG

But great things are about to happen. And in between I'll work on the bucket.

But now I have the dash on the bench and am rewiring it to accommodate the new Painless fan controller and the electric shifter:
dash%2520redo.JPG

Here's the old and the new dash panels:
2013%2520redo.jpg

The old panel had controls and indicators for each of the two fans, which were normally switched on and off by a Dakota Digital controller. That is being replaced with a Painless controller, which modulates the speed of the two fans. At a preset temp, the fans come on at 1/2 speed, then increase as needed to maintain the desired temp. And they can be set to cut off at a desired road speed when the air flow is sufficient to cool without fans.

The new panel also incorporates the electric shifter. I had to lose the "cruise/kill" switch, which was for future use anyway, but was fun at the cruises.

Try this...

Well, I guess I don't know how to attach a file. I'll be back...

Attachments

• Electric Shifter.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 87
Today I learned the origin of the term "cutting corners":
P1010700.JPG

The lesson here is don't do work when you are tired and half-awake. Done whilst cutting the new seat box:
P1010701.JPG

The old one was a hatchet job, and I'm moving the battery from under the seat, so no longer need the access mods.
Got a snazzy billet holder and trick terminals for it:
P1010702.JPG

...so I'm mounting it where it can be seen. Now where in a bucket would that be? Any guesses?

Just returned from my visit with Kim Jong Un. I must say he is a most genial fellow, showed me his collection of baseball cards and his latest ICBM. I think he and Obama will be fast friends. Now back to the bucket!

Here's a trial layout of the new electrical panel:

new%2520panel%25202013b.JPG

...and here it is almost finished:
new%2520panel%25202013c.JPG

Have a few more things to add and then wire it all together. The panel is 10" by 32" and will mount vertically behind the bucket seats.

So i gotta question or 3 ................................

A. How you gonna get on the converter and do a burnout and launch the thing under boost with that thingy on the pedals ?

B. Where is the duct tape ? You named everything else you use already.

C. How long you been running that blower ? Cause im pretty sure ive seen and talked with you at the OKC Nats.

D. Last but not least you have great talent and patience sir. And the T is absolutley a electrical nightmare for some of us. (but not me cause i like wiring)

What "thingy?"

Yes, I've had the Potvin for 20 years, and made the OKC Nats when I lived in Dallas. I have another induction with a B&M 250 blower and a carb, and have put it on the car several times when I get bored.

Thanks for the kind words. I've probably spent 10 hours planning and building for every hour driving. I like wiring too, and I like to try new stuff on the car.

the throttle sensor so you cant use the gas and brake at the same time. And yeah i figured it was yours not many of those blowers around

the throttle sensor so you cant use the gas and brake at the same time. And yeah i figured it was yours not many of those blowers around
Wow, you have been following the project. Since I drive like Grandma going to church, the thingy doesn't get in the way.

Hey the down load for the shifter says it can hurt my computer. I would like to do the pdf. Will it hurt much? LOL

Little help here, guys; does the blue wire go to terminal 7 of box 3 or terminal 3 of box 7? I always forget that one...

rewire%2520%2520april%25202013.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back