Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Can I get some input on my build....

I agree with all that's been said. Your ride, make it yours. In saying that I started out with a wheel base of 121" and eventually altered it to it's now 117" even this is going to cause a problem with steering radius that may require the clutch to be dropped in tight turns. My reason for wanting long wheel base was the concern for the amount of power produced and trying to keep it on the road. Is this yours?

chevvi said:
I agree with all that's been said. Your ride, make it yours. In saying that I started out with a wheel base of 121" and eventually altered it to it's now 117" even this is going to cause a problem with steering radius that may require the clutch to be dropped in tight turns. My reason for wanting long wheel base was the concern for the amount of power produced and trying to keep it on the road. Is this yours?

Not really Im only running a 283 with a 2 jet. Not much power.
I ran across this frame and chassis on Craigslist, traded the guy an old Holley 750 and a 10X10 ezup. The chassis was built by some fab shop in the bay area and the guy was making an IFS Street Rod with it. My original build was a basic 23T PU, but I changed mid stream and rolled the front and rear end from that project over to the new chassis, got some mounts from Ron. The real reason for going long was to keep a little room in the turtle deck (trunk) gas tank, battery and maybe a jacket or two. I dont mind the hard turning. Again thanks for the input.

There should be plenty of room in your turtle deck. I am able to carry two chairs and still have plenty of room for jackets.

Jim

IMG_0799.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back