Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

I have my shims under the bearing 'cause the OD is so big.

Might get some smaller ones from McMaster Carr.

I checked a bunch of images for king pin install. Looks like some were on top and some were on bottom. Does it really matter? Somebody here has the correct answer I bet. I tossed my instructions after the install. Guess I should go take a look at my front end.

Shims on top just like i have them. Less chance of weight wearing them out. Thanks for the answer in jalopyjournal.

153_zpsa8i3mabc.jpg

Don't remember reading about the body and frame. Who made the body, and who made the frame. Looks like frame is a bit wide to me. You have a frame picture?
Lee

Don't remember reading about the body and frame. Who made the body, and who made the frame. Looks like frame is a bit wide to me. You have a frame picture?
Lee
CCR frame I built, 10" stretchbody from RPM. Its my first build so I don't really know what to expect but it looks like the firewall should match frame?

From what I've seen, the frame and body widths frequently do not match. I think it's most noticeable if the body is channeled and the frame is a different color than the body.

So from the pics i have the front framerails comeing through the body will be ok.? Ill just go all black then.

I've seen pics of a lot of Ts like that. Both on the rails or channeled.

Sure don't look right to me. If you don't have engine and trans mounts already installed, I would pinch the front and rear cross members to get it correct where the firewall sits.
Lee

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back