Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Current pics of my bucket

Humidi-T

It's not very pretty, but is loads of fun. Love the blower! Got a driveshaft vibration that I'm going to work out this weekend. Other than that, very dependable driver.

Who cares how it looks just so long as it is safe and I bet it is a blast to drive all the pretty stuff will come later , Go have fun and drive the tires off it ,,,,

Hey, I've ridden a few miles on those tires.

Looks like fun I guess I should make that video Ted suggested how nice My step works. Unless you are young and able to climb in. I am not I turned 47 today.

putz said:
Looks like fun I guess I should make that video Ted suggested how nice My step works. Unless you are young and able to climb in. I am not I turned 47 today.

It's got a door, I step in. LOL No climbing.

HAceT said:
Looks good. I like the turtle deck...looks like alot of room.

Body has plenty of room. The deck is filled up with gas tank, with a leetle space left over for stuff. No lawn chairs in that trunk.

You are just one coat of primer from having a really " finished" looking car. As a matter of fact, I remember in the late 60's/early 70's colored primer was the cat's ass for low riders here in L.A. Check with your local paint person about color tinting primer and see what you come up with.
Also..... now this is not a comment about your car individually (God knows that I don't have a T yet and probably won't for awhile, but I do have a good eye for proportion and a good feel for whats right on a car), but I think that getting the exhaust parrallel to the ground instead of pointing down hill is much more pleasing. Also, perhaps extending the pipes out past the rear end (maybe to the edge of the rear tires, either over or under the rear axle) would be kind of dirt trackerish AND easier on the ears.
Just my humble opinion.
A "finished" car is not hard to complete. It doesn't need chrome, fancy paint or outrageous tars. Just a visual feeling of completeness and attention to detail.

And of course you can s**t can everything I have suggested and enjoy it the way it is
(Do look into the primer/tinted primer thing though)

John

Looks great to me and fun. The paint job really sets off the motor. What are the headlight mounts. I am having some built but yours may look better. are they mounted on your radiator mounts? Are they single hole mounts?

If you want sympathy look in the dictionary Putz. I believe it falls between sxxt and cyphillis, ha!

I am 65 on the 14th and still can crawl into mine. It's the 6' legs after I get into it that's a killer.

I am 6'1" so I know what you are talking about.

I used to be 6' even, but I have short legs, 29" pant length, if I were with longer legs, I would make my seats higher, does not take up much room setting at the kitchen table... I can step in usually, but not with my knee out to lunch, so I am thinking of cutting down one side a bit in the door area... :crap:

one finger john said:
You are just one coat of primer from having a really " finished" looking car. As a matter of fact, I remember in the late 60's/early 70's colored primer was the cat's ass for low riders here in L.A. Check with your local paint person about color tinting primer and see what you come up with.
Also..... now this is not a comment about your car individually (God knows that I don't have a T yet and probably won't for awhile, but I do have a good eye for proportion and a good feel for whats right on a car), but I think that getting the exhaust parrallel to the ground instead of pointing down hill is much more pleasing. Also, perhaps extending the pipes out past the rear end (maybe to the edge of the rear tires, either over or under the rear axle) would be kind of dirt trackerish AND easier on the ears.
Just my humble opinion.
A "finished" car is not hard to complete. It doesn't need chrome, fancy paint or outrageous tars. Just a visual feeling of completeness and attention to detail.

And of course you can s**t can everything I have suggested and enjoy it the way it is
(Do look into the primer/tinted primer thing though)

John

On the pipes, I have a set of longer turnouts that I just got from a fine fellow that will put the tips behind the door area. I 100% agree with beeing parrallel to the frame, but until I can afford to pay for new headers, this is where it's going to be. My current pipes have mufflers in them, so they aren't extremely loud. I like the tone.

I'll be painting it this winter, when it becomes too cold and wet to drive it. I still have glass work to do to the deck. including fabricating a lid for it. Thanks for the input.

AZCOWBO said:
Looks great to me and fun. The paint job really sets off the motor. What are the headlight mounts. I am having some built but yours may look better. are they mounted on your radiator mounts? Are they single hole mounts?

The headlight mounts are cast aluminum pieces from Speedway. They fit on top and down the side of the frame. One day I will build a different set out of Stainless. One of the many dream plans for the bucket, including bigger headlights.

Nice :)..........a couple of cans of primer would make it though. :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back