Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Does anyone make dash panels?

Brett

The jackass who had my T before me thought it would be a good idea to cut out the flat portion of the dash. I'm looking at making an aluminum panel and mounting gauges to it. But it sure would be easier if someone made them. Any thoughts? It's a T Performance bucket.

The jackass who had my T before me thought it would be a good idea to cut out the flat portion of the dash. I'm looking at making an aluminum panel and mounting gauges to it. But it sure would be easier if someone made them. Any thoughts? It's a T Performance bucket.

I would go ahead and build one. You can go to companies like Bob Drake Reproductions and buy a 32 dash (for about what your body would have cost) and cut it down to fit or your can get a sheet of aluminum and make one of your own design. Either way you would have something unique. So many Ts look alike. You would have the satisfaction of building something that stands out from the rest.

Go to the "T-roadster" section, then to the "Body Parts" page here...

California Custom Roadsters

Here's a pic of it installed on my T...

DashCarrier007.jpg

Take a look at Youngster's example of making a dash in the Technical section of the Forums. Look under T-bucket body articles.

You have all kinds of options here. I prefer metal but you can also use 'gass, wood, extruded aluminum, plastic, or one like Lee has.

Steve is right. This is one area where you can make your car stand out from the rest. I've used everything from a flat pannel to a '40 Ford dash. Be creative. It pays big rewards.

Ron

Nice dash. I've been looking for one like that that's flat instead of tunneled.

DashCarrier007.jpg

Nice dash. I've been looking for one that's flat and not tunneled.

DashCarrier007.jpg

Nice dash. I've been looking for one that's flat and not tunneled.

DashCarrier007.jpg

Hi
I will be happy to send pics and words to do this. Take a look at the attached pic and let me know if its whats in your mind
Gerry
final-dash-painting-(12).jpg

Thanks all.

I think I'm going to do a brushed aluminum dash. I'll have to go to a metal supply place and see what the options are. Maybe match the dash with the firewall (that he also cut out.)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back