Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Enclosed Car Trailer

Indycars - The Proven website has a demo video showing how to do the chains and the spokes model shows you how NOT to do the chains:
I vaguely remember that video. I've had so many things on my mind that I didn't even
think to check.

Thanks for the link!

Walmart uses those locks on their outside storage units before Christmas season. They are just about bullet proof against theft.
Guess it depends on which version they use.

Those locks are strong. I have one on my tongue storage box on my car hauler where I keep my winch and chains, etc... someone tried to break in and was unsuccessful. I also have locks for the trailer tongue and the coupler. My thought is make it inconvenient to persuade thieves to move on. Perhaps a wheel lock like they use for parking violations would be helpful too?

I've only backed up my trailer once and that was enough to know that I can't see properly with
the mirrors I have. I've done checking and cannot find any that fit my 2008 Lincoln Navigator,
other than the universal fit mirrors.

Are any of the Universal Fit mirrors worth having ? Any designs I should stay away from ?

I found manually extending mirrors on ebay for my Toyota Tundra. Not cheap.

Isn't the Navigator similar in body style to the Ford Explorer. If so search on Explorer.

G'Day Indy,
There is a brand of towing mirror here in Aus called "Clear View" they attach in place of the originals and extend out by 3-4" when you're towing. I would assume there is something similar in your part of the world. I found them very good and not having to stop to attach and detach mirrors was a bonus. Not cheap though.
Regards,

I have seen fender mounted universals that extend out to allow you to see past the trailer. They are ugly but effective. We had a pair when we pulled a 36’ camper. They look like old style truck mirrors built with stainless tubes, etc.

I have a pair of those T-Test and they work very well...…….

Indy wrote,
they go for $550 to $600 for a pair.
Mate, try $800 the pair, I was lucky a job came in that covered the cost at the time. Didn't regret the purchase though. The company start with the most popular vehicles and add other makes/models over time.

I can't see leaving towing mirrors on an everyday vehicle. A work truck or dedicated vehicle just for towing maybe. They can and will get knocked around in parking lots and such.

Even the extendable ones will not retract enough to save them. Stay away from automated car washes! Even if they fold back!

And no way in hell would I pay $500.00-$800.00 for 2 mirrors just to back a trailer when all I need is 1 spotter to guide me. Most of us have a (partner) (child)!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back