Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine Change

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I really want a blown SBC, but trying to be smart about it too. Guess I need to read up as suggested and go from there. If I do not go the blower route, I want to at least put a cam in my engine (comp thumper). However, that brings up another issue with tearing down the engine to see what the specs are. That is why I have been considering swaping out for somethign already built. We will see what happens.

The "Big Als" engines look like a great way to go. They will have built a bunch of them and will know what works and what doesnt.

I built my blower motor (454) from what parts I could buy down here and while it made 627 hp on the dyno, I couldnt help but wonder if I was missing some power.

If you buy a complete motor from somebody, you can get all the specs and hopefully a dyno readout before you buy. Dynos tell the truth about engine HP, while most owners exagerate their power.

And dont forget to upgrade your fuel delivery system. Horsepower is made from fuel and air and fire, and you gotta get the fuel to the air to start the fire.:D

Cheers
Todd

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back