Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame question

31 bucket

can't post pics yet. I haven't had this bucket that long. Trying to figure it out. It has a manufactured frame. Does the frame builder put a stamp or a number on them to identify it?

My supplier did not, but did supply me with a manufactures serial tag that I could install upon registration.

Does the frame builder put a stamp or a number on them to identify it?

I have never seen that kind of ID on a frame. Sometimes you can tell just by the dimensions and brackets. Also, Speedway uses 0.125" wall tubing for their frames, and Spirit & RPM use 0.1875". I don't know what CCR uses.

That’s a bit difficult to determine wall thickness unless you have access to it somehow through a hole or open end of a tube.

well that is different. You would think that the manufacturer would like to advertise there builds. I do know all the frame attachments bolt perfectly to the frame with no modifications.

choppinczech,

Are those numbers across the bottom a radius dimension to the outside ???

TubingFrameDimensions.jpg

Yeah. My frame is 3/16" wall with 5/16" fish plates inside. Grinding down the rosette and seam welds flattened the rounded corners a bit.

11-16-13 2.JPG

11-17-13 3.JPG

So I grind what I can by hand down to some scribed lines and use inexpensive carbide 3/8" roundover bits in a router to re-establish the corners.

11-17-13 2.JPG

I know CCR sells frame plans (that's what I used, 2x3x3/16") IDK if the other sponsors do,there's also Youngters plans. Measure your body on the lower part of your firewall,where your frame will be, subtract a 1/2" and that will/should be the outside width of your frame. I personally dislike seeing the body cut on the side for a channeled body.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back