Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting Grief!!

Johnny- How long is the wheelbase on your car? I think it looks fine. I do agree with some of the earlier comments about installing a blower...or just ask the person what their T-bucket looks like. My T-bucket is pretty long as well and I just give'em crap back. Hehe!

If I could afford a blower, believe me, I'd have one

Well, you'd never get one then....just go out and buy a blower, a good, used one. You can pick them up anywhere, cheap....The swap meets, Car shows, places like that....build your own setup. Just like you do your car....

While everyone says to build it your way one thing to consider is that true friends will give you their opinion with your best interests in mind. ;)

Yeah, I know. I will be moving the radiator for a better look and that will probably be it, for now. I am also looking into getting a top figured out for it. My windshield is short and has no top bar on the frame.
Any ideas on how to attach top at the front ????

When I was thinking top I was going to use the small bear claw door latches. Most of the short post frames have 2 bolts to put the hinge for the top of the post and I was going to make a plate with the stud to weld to and put the latches in the header with a seal to go against the windshield. I think it would work, but I never did it. John

Hi all, I know this is an older post, but I wanted to respond. I personally like the long and low look for a T Bucket. The car I'm building has a 110" wheelbase. When I was hauling it home, somebody laughed at the gas station and asked me if it was a dragster!! I got a kick out of that comment. Diversity is what makes a T Bucket so cool, in my mind.

Make your radiator shell extend more toward the engine. It does not have to be the painted, use black. Just a couple of inches will hid the fan and fill the gap. Neat ride!

Heres a few more ideas, if your open.
1. You could always pit a FlexFan on it with a 3" spacer, from the radiator, bring the shroud, back toward the motor alittle. Will take up a little of that room and not make it so obvious.
2. Move the rad. toward the motor some more, run a Moon tank up front....
3. Build yourself a little turbo setup, have your turbo be between the motor and the rad., with the carb sitting above the turbo. You'd have plenty of room for your piping and such, look totally diff. and be totally Killer!

Personally, I'd go to the boneyard, pick up a couple of small turbos off some little Subaru's or Mazda's, have them hanging off a couple of low restriction manifolds, putting the left side log on the right side of the motor, and do the same on the other side, your exhausts would be exiting toward the radiator.
Hang your turbos right at the end of the logs, that way they would be out in the airflow, mount your carb and Plenum box between the motor and the radiator.
That way you could drop down off the turbos with some 3" chrome tubing, angle back along side of car with the exhaust tubing....

Theres a guy thats out racing right now, he's got a bucket he bought over in Ca. thats got a square tube front tube. I've already got the chevy cast iron 'Headers'.... and thats how I'm gonna set it up. He has a ton of room up front, too....and I'm gonna put all heavy duty lower end in there and go for about 25 pounds of boosty....
Gonna be a E85 ethanol motor....gonna have low enough compression to run on listerine or solvent....hahaha

Last edited:
Johnny,
I agree - make it like you want it and don't be concerned with what others say. The bucketheads I know will give you compliments and only make constructive suggestions if asked. You will be happy with the better ride and handling from the long wheelbase and the comfort from the stretched body. And I'll add another ROLL TIDE!

If you look at the picture of my T. bucket you see that the body of mine is very short. I sit in my T. and both of my knees are above the top of the door.
I think the only thing that makes yours look a little funny is all of the radiator hose you see. I would move the radiator back and drop it a couple of inches like what was suggested !
After doing that you could put a plate between the frame painted the same color and add some pinstriping to tie it together .
But it's your ride and if you like what you have built don't worry about anyone else they don't have to drive it. I get laughed at when people see me driving mine with my knees above the door , I think they're just jealous because they don't own one an and they would probably like to .
hope my comment helps

bob

Johnny, I have a frame pan ahead of my radiator (see attached photo). You can do many things to personalize them. I have louvers punched in mine as the letter"T". I always wanted to have some air brush art on one as well. Possibilities are endless.
View attachment 8431

Right click, save as......

You don't see aluminum slots much anymore. That looks good!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back