Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Godsmack"

nlongo33

Welcome, to the Godsmack build.....as some of you are aware it's been a quite the process to get to this point. When I got home today to my surprise I had most of my order in the driveway, and the only term that came to my mind was that I was god smacked. Also the focus of this build will be a violently fast car, much like the band from Boston. So without further rambling onto the pictures
The VicTum: 1925 Tudor sedan
.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Build plan:
Channeled.....no chop, car is way too clean
Channel is going to be done in a way I can return car to stock if I wanted
Model A grill
1920 something essexs headlights, they are big lol
115" wheel base
4" drop beam
29" rear slicks igniter wheels
24" front et III
383 450hp small block
700r4
9" 3.73
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice!

Thank you for not chopping it.

Few more pictures for you, shot of how clean the car is and a rough "stance" mockup
image.jpegimage.jpeg

As far as the stock drive train, frame ect. Car ran and drove, and sort of stopped....I teach technology and engineering, so I'm going to bring the car to school and I am going to turn it into a 1920's speedster as a class project.....so I will not be wasting or truly hacking original Henry tin. So there will actually be two builds going at the same time in the fall.

Because we all love pictures:
Christmas in July, and glass removed and prep work to start the channel.......that glass is super heavy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

As far as the stock drive train, frame ect. Car ran and drove, and sort of stopped....I teach technology and engineering, so I'm going to bring the car to school and I am going to turn it into a 1920's speedster as a class project.....so I will not be wasting or truly hacking original Henry tin. So there will actually be two builds going at the same time in the fall.

I'm a little slow on the uptakeo_O . . . so, you will use the tudor body to build a T-rod with a custom frame/running gear, and use the existing stock model-T frame & running gear for the 'class project speedster' correct?

you will use the tudor body to build a T-rod with a custom frame/running gear, and use the existing stock model-T frame & running gear for the 'class project speedster' correct?

Thats very cool. 3 Pedals and an advance and retard lever on the steering column.

Again yessir, crazy part is we are going to lay up corrugated (cardboard) like fiberglass to build the body and floor structure....the reason for cardboard for structure instead of wood and metal is that I teach an engineering course and I have a working partnership with a corrugated company and it helps tie in all of the different areas of engineering and manufacturing. I will also be able to tie in traditional metal and woods with the restoration of the wheels among other parts.

Some lucky kids! Hope they appreciate it, and learn from it and become the next generation of rodders.

That is the plan.....I have a bunch of students who are way more successful and have way cooler rides than me......as an educator and a parent that's all I can ask for....I have some super talented students

Had a few hours to mock up some new parts, nothing is tight......headlights are just thrown on there for laughs, that is not going to be placement......I have moved those headlights a gazillion times, and were first part bought for this project about 5 years ago.......on to the pictures

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

That's gonna be one nice ride. That Tudor body is sweet.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back