Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

had any one built the ccr frame and have strep by step photos?

095_zps5amx2zo7.jpg
old shock layin round.
096_zpsb2hfdnmc.jpg
097_zpssi64rfph.jpg

If your shocks mount to the backside of the shackles, you will have no problem. I used Spirits shock mounts, and they would work with your set up just fine. Not seen the ones Ron has, so can't speak for them.
Lee

Just an old/new guy observation, but those radius rods look REAL snug to the frame rails for a CCR, or anyone else's sep up. When looked at from above, a T Bucket chassis has an hour glass shape. No way yours is that shape. Are you sure you have the correct axle width?

Just an old/new guy observation, but those radius rods look REAL snug to the frame rails for a CCR, or anyone else's sep up. When looked at from above, a T Bucket chassis has an hour glass shape. No way yours is that shape. Are you sure you have the correct axle width?
Front axle width is not ccr. 26" spring.. I changed some things up a bit when i started mixing parts from different companies.. CCR/RPM

Did you check your steering arm lengths and the axle brackets lengths compared to the plans? the one major problem you have is that the spring you are using is a 26" Speedway spring (the CCR plans call for a 29.5") this is a problem that may be able to be solved by using an offset type shackle plate and positioning the shock up above the spring eye, using a short shock and a longer tower. The shackles also look odd, are those just bolts going thru the plates with no shoulder? I will check the other dimensions you're showing tomorrowView attachment 11733

My gawd. That's just beautiful!

My Bucket has T's welded in the rear radius rods, and even though I only have about 200hp. from a stock 305 chebby, it still picks up the front wheels when needed.
I broke a motor support like that. Costly!!!

I'd SERIOUSLY like to see that. Seriously.

Reactions: RPM
036_zpspbyxmxht.jpg
036_zpspbyxmxht.jpg
had to make my own bolt. its welded to shackle strap. more details on this under cooters build.
021_zpskkfcimr2.jpg
021_zpskkfcimr2.jpg
023_zpsdcibznww.jpg
it might not be 100% ccr but its close... yes, i should have followed plans exactly and i could have avoided some heartache.... i didnt know any better because i have never been here before... i know better now...

Cooter, have you mounted your front brake calipers yet to see if you're going to have any clearance issues with the way you have mounted your tie rod? The reason I ask is because I originally mounted mine the same way you did (on top). However, the tie rod brackets ended up interfering with the caliper movement and I had to flip them over and mount the tie rod on the bottom, and in front of the axle. I originally hated the idea of it being in front, but now I don't even notice it.

Cooter, have you mounted your front brake calipers yet to see if you're going to have any clearance issues with the way you have mounted your tie rod? The reason I ask is because I originally mounted mine the same way you did (on top). However, the tie rod brackets ended up interfering with the caliper movement and I had to flip them over and mount the tie rod on the bottom, and in front of the axle. I originally hated the idea of it being in front, but now I don't even notice it.
I had at one time.. I might better mount them back and check again..

Mine looked just fine until I went to bleed the calipers. Ultimately, I just didn't allow enough clearance around the caliper and it prevented the calipers from moving as the brake pads wear. Thankfully, I caught it before I started driving the car, so I was able to just move stuff around a bit.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back