Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

had any one built the ccr frame and have strep by step photos?

I want to get this frame rolling. Engine and trany not in hand yet. So i guess i should wait till i have more parts here.

Waiting on front spring perch and rear coilover tabs from RPM. Soon as they get here ill post some more frame fab. Should be here this weekend.

I used 2x3x1/ 8... didn't have any trouble tapping either 8-32 holes or 1/4-20 for various clamps etc. .... don't forget to put the seams inside, makes for a clean looking rail..
dave

I need to see where CCR puts front shocks.. Having a little trouble.. Detailed Pics would be very nice.

In the suspension section there's quite a few pics of shock mounts , page 8 at the bottom of the page is 1...
dave

056_zpsbnmb8wcf.jpg
057_zpswub6j64j.jpg
058_zpsal80mx5k.jpg
060_zpsi6ts44bb.jpg
061_zpsbfgtvgyx.jpg

Did you check your steering arm lengths and the axle brackets lengths compared to the plans? the one major problem you have is that the spring you are using is a 26" Speedway spring (the CCR plans call for a 29.5") this is a problem that may be able to be solved by using an offset type shackle plate and positioning the shock up above the spring eye, using a short shock and a longer tower. The shackles also look odd, are those just bolts going thru the plates with no shoulder? I will check the other dimensions you're showing tomorrowCCR Front end Detail szd.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back