Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

had any one built the ccr frame and have strep by step photos?

pappabear1973

I got my plans yesterday. Although I got two step twos and no step one so I have to call them monday. Lol. Any ways. I would love to see your progress photos of your ccr frame build. I want to build my confidence before I tackle this. Lol. Thanks

When I built my CCR frame, I added 8" to the main frame rails so I could use their stretched body without affecting the look of the firewall foreword . I just welded the splices/miters at the kick up, to do it again I would plug weld some splice plates to the inside of the 2x3 tubing then weld as described .

Speedway also sells a set of plans with great pictures and a lot of great information. I bought both and have made a hybrid of the 2 T-bucket plans. Using information from both setups.

Email/Call them, they will get you sorted out in short order. They might even email you the missing page.

I used the CCR plans for most of my brackets, I have a bunch of pics in my sig, but I did not follow them for the frame/rad rods as I had them already.

Thanks for the feed back do far. Yes I called them and the missing set us in the mail. I look forward to starting this later this winter. Thanks

in process of building one now. frame rails cut out great with chop saw. super great plans. scale of 1-10 its a 1. im takin pics but got no idea how to post them.

Just got frame welded up. Squaring frame harder than anything!!! I now have a nice platform to start from. I have no idea where to start next?

Just got frame welded up. Squaring frame harder than anything!!! I now have a nice platform to start from. I have no idea where to start next?
Fasten it down as you square it, then tack it in place. It may move when welding if not clamped in place.... This is where the guys with jigs have as beat, lol.

A jig like this?
frameinjig1_zpsce8678bf.jpg

frameinjig2_zpsab21063b.jpg

Show off Ron! lol I am sure you have heard this before but if I had it all to do over I would have bought a frame with brackets from you in the beginning. lol

Im waiting on income tax. Im lookin forward to the trip. I cant wait to start home with my RPM T-bucket and some chassis tabs and brackets. I'll bring shin guards. Lol. Thanks for warning.

I'm looking forward to a similiar trip to pick up my frame and body. I grabbed a 2001 S10 rearend with disc brakes yesterday and will break out the plasma cutter to cut off all the un-needed brackets this week. I haven't even started and alreay can't wait to have it in roller form. I think I'll install the floor first so at least I can sit in it and make engine noises.

I hear ya. Im tore up like a soup samage!!!! My frame is settin here waiting on the stretch body so i can figure out where my engine/ trany mounts go. CCR gives measurement's for the engine placement but i know better than to jump the gun. CCR also gives measurements for the radious rod mount wich the front and rear share. Hope RPM has these mounts? Im in a holdin pattern till i get that body.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back