Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

had any one built the ccr frame and have strep by step photos?

i don't want the front end slamming back down. I built a 95" wheel base rail buggy with a .060 over ford pinto on back. I could curl the front end and hold both front wheels off ground. snatch front end in first two gears easy. I hope this T just spins and no wheel stands. I don't want a busted front end/engine.

There's a guy in australia that has a T that he drives at the drag strip. Find pictures of him and you'll see wheel stands.

don't know if this are the ones ? but are very good.

Attachments

• andy_zps05280c85.jpg
    andy_zps05280c85.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 61
  • andy_zps05280c86.jpg
    andy_zps05280c86.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 60
a 118 chassis, and a 283 really shouldnt be a wheelstanding nightmare at all, unless its poorly set up, and you are buzzing the motor to 8000 revs at the traffic lights. I would think some street shocks will be just fine.

My bucket ran a blown 454 then a blown 540 and never lifted the tyres on the street. The latter engine made 851hp on the dyno before we fitted it to the car.

Cooter Sounds like your about where i am at. I need coil overs and rear hair pins and mine will be a roller.
Frame is built and ron has my specs. He buildin my frame mounts and radius rods. Im lookin forward to gettin this thing rollin.

I have one pic in project plains and updates under progress. I want to get some more on soon. Just picked up a set of mickey Thompson 33 x 19 50 15s just need some wheels.

I have one pic in project plains and updates under progress. I want to get some more on soon. Just picked up a set of mickey Thompson 33 x 19 50 15s just need some wheels.
I looked at pic. What front axle you useing? I still undecided on wheels

Its a CCR front axle, I got there whole front end kit. I am going with Barrett black power coat wheels from speedway. Weld draglites on the front.

ccr plans don't give much instruction on setting up rear coilover axle. I have read where 3 deg + penion angle is what I need to shoot for. question is. do I set rear axle pinion with chassis level or at ride height? im thinkin the chassis should be setting at its ride height. so my chassis will have rake in it more or less. kinda hard to figure.

I set my pinion angle once the engine/tranny was installed. Your hairpins, 4 bar, ladder bar, whatever, should be adjustable. Your tailshaft angle will dictate the pinion angle, and 3 degree is preferred by most. If tailshaft is 3+, set the pinion at 3- or visa versa.
Lee

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back