Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello fellow bucketheads

old round fart

I'm a long time streetrodder. My first one was built in 1972. It had a blown 350 & turbo 400. It had a 144" wheelbase, I sat over the rear end and had 5' from the radiator to the CAE front axle with an upside down model airplane mounted over it. The shakedown cruse was to Memphis Tn. for the Streetrod Nats. on my honeymoon. Man I miss that car.
My next one was a '32 Ford 5 window steel. I chopped it 3.5" original frame boxed & all the normal stuff. It was fon, but the bucket was better,so I'm collecting pieces for another one. Got to have something to do when I retire in the next couple of years.
I'm lovin this website! Would like to meet anyone close for some real benchracing.

Welcome you old fart

Nothing greater than building your own car. I'm sure you do miss it. So lets get started. Keep the post a comin.:D

thomas:)

Howdy! Glad you made it and there's a nice group of people here who would love to read some good or bad gear talk. Bring it on!:D

Welcome old round fart, your first bucket sounds like it was wild. You got any pics of it?

Yes, but they are not digital so I don't know how to post, but I'll work on it. When I built it I had never seen a bucket in person. I was a donk for Pete Robinson on his front engine top fuel car, so my car had that kind of flavor.

You worked with Sneaky Pete? Meant him once, what a card!

:welcome:

Gee, most of us are trying to ignore the fact we are old farts. ;)

Pete Robinson. He was a man that was well ahead of the rest of pack with his thinking. One can only imagine what innovations he would have brought to the sport, were he still alive.

That would be the man. I have so many funny memories of my time with him. The world of drag racing would indeed be quite different if he were still in it.

Welcome,

I am a new guy here myself but I guess that I can welcome you as well as anyone else. I think that you will enjoy this site. I know that I am liking it.

Thanks x junk. I've had your build posts for your car listed as a favorite from the old NTBA days. Looking foreward to meeting you in person.

Old Farts Rule!!!!

Welcome from another old round fart;)

Vance

His work of art is at the Mc Donough store I saw it a few weeks ago as soon as you walk in its right there. I just left Buford and Jackson Ga last week.
Joe 23t

Welcome old round fart, your first bucket sounds like it was wild. You got any pics of it?

Yes, but they are not digital so I don't know how to post, but I'll work on it. When I built it I had never seen a bucket in person. I was a donk for Pete Robinson on his front engine top fuel car, so my car had that kind of flavor.

Did you ever figure out how to post the non-digital pictures of your first car? I'd love to see it.

Cool Ride I really dig the old diggers As you see from my avatar I own one of the old mid 60's Front engine slingshots, but I sit a bit farther back in mine, like behind the rear axle with my legs over the axle tubes. But it is a rush. Glad to see someone who can retire these days GOOD LUCK with your endeavors.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back