Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from San Diego

Diego

I just got my first T - Bucket .
1923 , not sure what’s 100 years old on this car .
I am 6’5 so I have to modify the steering wheel, I just took it out for my first ride and I have to say WOW!
It got a Cleveland 351 supercharged .

Welcome, Diego! Yep, you're hooked. These little cars are an absolute blast to drive. Just remember that with low vehicle weight and a lot of horsepower, they can get away from you real quick, so be careful. Got my first T-bucket in 1997, sold it 2 years later and began to build the one I drive now. They're addictive!

PS - From your icon it looks like you have a really cool car. Post more pics when you can.

Welcome, Diego! Yep, you're hooked. These little cars are an absolute blast to drive. Just remember that with low vehicle weight and a lot of horsepower, they can get away from you real quick, so be careful. Got my first T-bucket in 1997, sold it 2 years later and began to build the one I drive now. They're addictive!

PS - From your icon it looks like you have a really cool car. Post more pics when you can.

Yes , to much fun , where should I post pictures and videos ?
I need to make a better mount for the alternator , vibrates to much

There are lots of T-buckets in San Diego, we used to have a chapter of the NTBA there as well but after 12 years or so that fizzled. We live in Yuma now, but still make the trip to Cruizin' Grand and various car shows a few times each year.

My daughter and I

Attachments

• IMG_9121.jpeg
    IMG_9121.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 30
You need 10 posts before you can include a photo. But no one cares if you post one sentence per post. Just can include photos of your car in this thread if you like or in the Photo Album

My daughter just fits perfectly in it

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpeg
    IMG_1894.jpeg
    476.4 KB · Views: 31
Car got a little oil leak on the line that goes to oil pressure instrument, no big deal .
Got a wheelie bar that’s way too high set up. I have to adjust it lower few bit connection on the electric like light switch and alternator whole easy fix.

Attachments

• IMG_8776.jpeg
    IMG_8776.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 30
Looks like the requirement for 10 posts before you can include a photo has changed.

Diego,

A friend of mine's family used to build T bucket kits and he swears by the Grant removable steering wheel hub. He swears it's the best modification you can make to one of these cars (especially if your a tall fellow, which he is). it makes getting in and out easier, and is also a good security device. Hopefully I'll run into you at some of the local shows, and meet you in person. El Cajon's weekly cruise started up last Wed. night. La Mesa will probably start up in June?

Blownfuel

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back