Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi from Fresno ,Ca.

LarryH

Like most of you guys i'm a life long gear head, old farm boy and did a couple years stint in the Army. I've been married to the same women for over 42 years, we've raised a couple kids and now have time to relaxe a little and enjoy (read spoil) the grandkids.

I've always wanted a T-Bucket but it seems like something else would catch my fancy and the bucket was forgotten about again. And sometimes life would just get in the way. Then one day i found this site and the fire flamed up again. After lurking here for awhile and checking out the builds i decided to sell my jeep and build a T-Bucket. I figured it couldn't be any harder to drag my 60 year old carcus in and out of a T-Bucket than it was to climb into and jump out of a lifted rig. And i'm getting to tired to crawl over those big ole rocks. I decided the '56 Chevy 4 door grandkid hauler i'm building could waite a bit longer to get finished. It's time for a roadster.

After doing some research and calculateing the cost of building a car my plan changed from building one from scratch to finding a cheap project. I started looking for a decently priced project. I soon realized i could buy a completed registered T-Bucket cheaper than i could build one from someone else's abandoned project. And i could drive it now instead of months down the road.

I found one that was built in 1971 (it's registered as a '23 T). It's a 'glasss body, black with flames, Corvette 327, tunnel ram, a big ole Holley (not sure what cfm it is the owner just knows it's an 800 something) beefed up power glide, Corvette rearend, Centerlines (looks to be about 4" wide in front and 10's in the back), new top, verticle steering column (not sure if i like that or not) with a T steering wheel, and more chrome than i really wanted. She fires right up, runs good down the road and is loud as all get out (the baffles were removed along time ago). The price was right and the licences plate reads "T BUKET". How could i resist?

I just got it home a little while ago so i haven't taken any pictures yet but i'll try to post some this weekend.

Welcome to the forum LarryH, you're going to love this place.

Welcome Larry, not to be redundant, okay maybe I will be :). You are going to love this site as much as the T. Enjoy

Welcome Larry,

I'll be driving my Track-T back down to SoCal Oct. 9th on 99. Maybe we could hook up for a Coke at someplace along 99?

Bob

Thanks for the welcome guys.

deckofficer said:
Welcome Larry,

I'll be driving my Track-T back down to SoCal Oct. 9th on 99. Maybe we could hook up for a Coke at someplace along 99?

Bob

Hi Bob. Is that your T in your avatar? That looks sweet. Let me know when you'll be passing through I just live a couple of miles off 99.

Welcome Larry. I am new to this site as well have found a lot of usefull info. I grew up in Tulare lived in clovis till we moved to WI about 11 years ago.

Welcome to the site guys. You wont find a better source for everything T Bucket and more. Free but support is appreciated.

Larry,

Even though I have side covers on the engine, it is a sbc mated to a 1964 Corvette wide ratio 4-speed. The side covers have a small bulge for the block hugger headers. Then the exhaust stays under the car and ends just before the Jag IRS. Most people assume it is a 4 banger. I want to miss rush hour traffic in LA, so I'll be passing through Fresno around noon.

I'm looking forward to checking out your roadster. Sounds like a really sweet ride.

Welcome to the site Its good to have another bucket in the area. I'm in Dos Palos, If you want to get together and compare buckets let me know. John:welxome:

Larry,

You know your town, pick a place to meet easy access to 99 for the 9th around noon and maybe some others will join us. Imprompto rod gathering. My cell is 909 223 1337.

Bob

Welcome Larry,
spent some time in your area. did the Blacky show way back in 70 or 71 ??
a very good friend lives in Bako just south of you is also a member, Ted Brown.
Lots of fun people here,lots of good info also.
Enjoy the ride
Dan

Yes Larry, a big welcome.. Love to have coffee or whatever if you get this way and have time some day..as I now see I am late with this post, been off line for a while with my knee, had surgery the 14th, yesterday, all went well so far.. hehe glad to be able to get into my T Bucket again, thought all was lost for a while.. :lol: Ride safe... call if in the area (661) 203-0165 daaaaaaaaaa I went back and see you will be coming down in Oct, not Sept.. hope the weather holds good for you...:lol:

deckofficer said:
Larry,

You know your town, pick a place to meet easy access to 99 for the 9th around noon and maybe some others will join us. Imprompto rod gathering. My cell is 909 223 1337.

Bob

Sounds like a plan. I'll give you a call and we can set up place to meet.

Hey Ted. I'm planning on being at Famoso next month for the California Hot Rod Reunion. Maybe we can meet up somewhere.

If you post where and what time you are meeting on the 9th, I would like to see you guys in person and talk Hot Rod.:)

John

Around noon sounds good. I work swing shift (1:45 to 12:15) but i will off that day. There's a little cafe (Yosemite Falls) just about a block off 99 on the north side of Ashlan Avenue that would be a good place. I'll give you a call later (since it's about 1 in the morning right now).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back