Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

hilborn on the street

blownchebby said:
I am still learning about hilborn. I want a 3 or 4 hole 6-8/71 injector set up.I dont know about what pump ,nozzels,or bypass.But I will figure it all out.And if gas get high as hell again I will put that bitck on alky.

Hey Blown, back agian for a few minutes...... They'll run and run good.....you just have to mess around with them. T hey are a total pain in the ass to get setup, but once your there......not bad at all.
Now....I have heard a few of the guys running the electronic setup on theirs and it was reported great.
What I did as far as air cleaners is cut out a piece of alum. on the bottom with the 8 holes and ran 2 ovals side by side and made a top plate to match.....did a good job and looked different............

Now if your gonna run the 3 or 4 tube on top of a blower......now thats more streetable. You have to watch out for a lean pop when you romp down on it though......best to run rich. And on alky, run REALLY RICH..............it'll really put a smile on your face !!!!!!!!:cool:

Thanks metal.Lot sof poeple say "You cant put run hilborn on the street".That makes me want to do it even more .Thank you for all the info.I bought a hilborn service manual and I am reading up. You know if you run alky nitro is better.(that would "f" up some peoples heads). I have a obessive cumpulsive disorder.

blownchebby said:
Thanks metal.Lot sof poeple say "You cant put run hilborn on the street".That makes me want to do it even more .Thank you for all the info.I bought a hilborn service manual and I am reading up. You know if you run alky nitro is better.(that would "f" up some peoples heads). I have a obessive cumpulsive disorder.
I like the way you think!
Old Chinese Proverb- "The man that says it cannot be done, should not get in the way of the man doing it."
and my favorite from my younger brother-"Gasoline's for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking, nitro methane, now, that's for racing!"

blownchebby said:

Hey BlownChebby, I saw a pic of your T.........I'll take mine in black.....ha! Sweet Ride!!!!!!! Is that what you want to put the Hilborn on?????
You can run them on the street.....it just takes some work getting them setup......:cool:

And also, before I forget.....Hilborn was in its prime back in the old days......when dragsters and altereds smoked their tires to about 1/2 track then hooked up. There's a lot of books about intakes and stuff that pretty well talk you thru setting them up......though I haven't seen these books in about 15 years or so........you might want to check out Waldenbooks or someplace like that.....

do a search on the Hamb under hilborn. there are a couple of threads there too.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back