Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Howdy

FastEddie59

Hello fellow Bucketeers! Recently traded my Harley horsin' around bike for a Gasser style T Bucket. Making a few changes to make it fit and be more comfortable for me. Recently retired and up all hours of the night. Drop me a line and say howdy, love to talk T buckets, hot rods and Harleys.
progress.gif

Welcome FastEddie59,congrats on retiring :cool:
from the avatar the buckets great :) how about some bigger pics :D

Thanks for the welcome! I will post more pics as soon as I have an opportunity to take some, I have more available but their file size is too big to fit in site parameters. I wanted to retire by 50 but unfortunately it was by complications from a car vs. motorcycle accident, me on the motorcycle, that facilitated it. Just trying to have some fun within my limitations and having a T Bucket is something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid. Drop me a line if you get a chance and I look forward to getting to know a lot of fellow T Bucket owners here on the site. Anyone planning on going to the T Bucket Nationals in Lenoir, NC this coming month? Have a great Memorial Day, Eddie :D

Welcome Eddie. As far as Lenoir goes, sadly enough, mine wont be done by then:sad:. My brother lives 15 minutes away in Taylorsville. It would of worked out perfect. Ahhh well.

Thanks for making me feel welcome! Met Ron at RPM in person today and he helped me with a few mods I was wanting to make to my T Bucket, great guy and the parts work great. Going to have him make a couple more pieces for me if he has time. Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to the convention T-Buckeye, it would have been convenient with relatives that close by. Come on anyway, I've been to a lot of Harley rallies without my bike and have had a great time, you may be able to get some great Idea's to incorporate into yours while your finishing it up, according to if my new steering column shows up so I can fit into my car I may go down and look around for ideas too if I don't get the car finished. Thanks Butch 27 for the welcome too, I think I will have fun here, drop me a note sometime, Eddie :cool:

Hi Eddie, I am a long ways away from you, Bakersfield, Calif. I am also retired, knees said to heck with this stuff... hehe Welcome, you can get a lot of ideas here, RPM has the best prices around, he sells complete radius rods for less then I can buy the material for... Can't beat that with a stick... live to cruise. 2 wheels or 4, as long as you are rollin... in the wind...:D

Welcome Eddie to the best t-bucket site in the World. If you can't get it answered here, there is no answer. A lot of us old guys on this site. Hell, we even have an old fart that tunes in to this site.

thomas:)

Thanks for the welcome Ted and Thomas! I've noticed that their is a wealth of information and experience on this site, if you're thinking about trying something chances are somebody on here has had the same idea or done it and may be able to save you some time and $ if they ran into something unexpected. Have a great summer and get out there and enjoy you're T Buckets, Eddie
P.S.Ted if you ever end here on the"Left" coast give me a holler and I'll be happy to show you around the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains and other stuff of interest around here.:cool:

Thanks for the compliment Fawkes! When I was at RPM a couple of days ago Ron commented that this was a race car that happens to be street legal, I can't wait to get it where I can fit in it comfortably, hopefully within the next week or two. I haven't drove myself yet, but the man I got it from showed me what it was capable of and it goes pretty good, 125mph comes pretty quick! Drop me a line sometime if you get a chance, love to talk hot rods and Harleys, check out the January 2009 issue of Hot Bike Bagger and look at the feature that begins on page 70 and that was my relaxation and enjoyment before my health went downhill, last bike I was able to build before I wasn't physically able to do it anymore, also won at 2007 Biketoberfest Rats Hole Show with this bike. Have a great summer, Eddie:cool:

Welcome Eddie, I am new at all this as well and just didn't know about the upcoming ralley in time to slip it in the schedule. I just got my first T about 2 weeks ago and hope to have it completed by next spring. I was blessed to be close to Ex Junk and T Track so I will have great help on mine. This is a terrific sight, your support and participation will be appriciated. Ex Junk is having me over tomorrow to help me with my steering column. There are some great plans on this sight and lots of help to get r done. Cheers from Kissimmee FL

Hello Ron & Bucket Kids, Thanks for sending that to me Ron, I had never looked for it and didn't know you could look it up online, I feel fortunate to have been able to be featured in a national magazine like this, and win at a national level show, The Rats Hole show at 2007 Biketoberfest, I have looked it up and I am on their website in several places, it was a realization of a lifelong dream, and I met a lot of great people in the process.

Thanks for the welcome Bucket Kids! I have only had mine for a little over a month and parts are finally coming in that I had to order to make the car comfortable enough for me to drive it with my back problems. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and be easier on me pain wise than the bike I traded for it. Glad to hear you have some good help/advisors close by, if you have never done a project like this before it really saves a lot of time and money instead of learning by trial and error. If you need any components that require welding and fabrication be sure to check out Ron's site, RPM, and look at what all he offers. He helped me with a shifter mount and made a neat pair of steps and installed them for me the other day and his prices are great, a lot of them cheaper than what I can buy the material to make them for. Drop me a line if you get a chance and I'm planning on going to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona in November so I will kind of be in your neighborhood and maybe we can meet in person if you plan on attending. Have a great weekend, Eddie

Just about anything is online if you look hard enough. Sometimes it is scary.

Hello Putz & 40Ford! You're right Putz, it is amazing what kind of info is available on the web, especially if your willing to pay some of the private detective type sites, I don't know how they get their info, but there is a lot of personal info out there that you never authorized or knew was easlily gotten, I don't know how anybodies identity is safe.

Thanks for the compliment 40Ford, I just started on the T Bucket, planning a lot of clean up and detail work on it, and some projects just to make it more functional and comfortable. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I put into the bike, the best compliments I've had on it is you can look at it every time you see me and find something you hadn't seen before, a lot of it you never notice unless it is close by to a stock bike. Have a great summer and drop me a line some time, Eddie:cool:

Fast Eddie, if you are able to make the Turkey Run in Daytona, let me know as I live about 50 miles from the speedway and usually enter the event. Track-T lives another 20 miles or so and BucketKids is about another 40 miles from the Speedway. There are quite a few buckets that attend that meet.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back