Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I know this sounds crazy

P.S. I rigged this up on my wife's car to train my 15 year old daughter how to park. The wet pavement recorded her movements so she could see where she had been. I don't think it helped much, though. I thought I had explained everything very thoroughly and clearly. When we were done, she asked why I kept squirting the tires. :confused:

Put a tee at the top of the loop with a non return valve. Pumping water the valve shuts, pump stops the NR opens and breaks the siphon. The water already downstream of the NR valve will drain out but thats it.
Or salvage a fuel pressure regulator and set it as low as it will go without dribbling, pump ought to overcome that.

Lets see, I've set about 40 diff cars up with these....its not rocker science. I had my pump mounted to my rear frame rail on a piece of 11 ga. The thing you want to do is to mount your pump and tank as low as you can get it, pump your water UPHILL, at the squirters either above the tires or inside the tires, have your long metal tubes that are your squirters pumping fluid to the very center of your tire. On track cars that have these, the squirters are to the inside of the rear tires, that way, after the burnout, if any dribbling occurs, it won't be on the fresh rubber that you've just peeled down to.
On the streetcars, the long metal tube (the squirter) are not used, though could be. I use a vacuum cap, pushed onto a nipple. Then I grab my trusty pin-vice, have a .032 hole in it. The rubber closes the hole up, so theres no dribbling, the siphoning action is halted, and only pressure inside the line from the pump will push water out.
You'll have to play with the location of the hole, and the size. you might want to do several small ones, depending where you mount yours. My squirters are going to be located at my kickup, right at the edge of the body, and I'll be squirting water about 6" above where my tire meets the ground.

On my Killer6 I just sold, I had 2 cheap universal plastic squirters above my tires mounted on my turtle deck, they were small and black and my body was black also, you have to look really hard to see them. I also used those small aquarium valves from WalMart to lower the pressure to the squirters to just shoot the tires and not someone next to me. My pump would blow the lines off at those little valves, so, I put just a dab of silicon on the barb to keep them inplace....
I used a pushbuttion under my dash to activate my pump....that way nobody would fiddle with it....

Doing dry burnouts are extremely hard on tires and on your transmission, just don't use these while cops are around, causes alot of tiresmoke...its also a good safety measure, allowing you to clean your tires before getting on the highway. During really hot weather, I shoot the tires and watch the steam if I'm bored and in traffic....I'm easily amused! hahaha....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back