Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I want a simple rat rod

the health nazi's wont let me buy unpasteurized apple cider anymore. Theres an old orchard near my parents house that would sell me a couple gallons; but the owner died and his kids are afraid I was going to sue them or something...no matter they cut their cider with pear juice anyway to give it a more boring flavor. Where exactly is "here" anyway brother?

Back to Raze: Dont worry about a compressor or a garage to paint in...we'll get around it. You can rent a compressor for a weekend cheap enough and I painted my firebird outside (and my neighbor-lady got pissed and MOWED HER LAWN while I was painting - If I can get past that, youre aces)

I hope that kid comes back, I offered him some schwag LOL

"here" is the southwesternmost point in Tennessee, home of the Three Kings (Elvis - the King of Rock and Roll, B.B. King, and Jerry the King Lawler LOL).

Another thing that bugs me is that wen I'm in desperate need of Mason Jars in which to store my sipping concoctions I cannot find them ANYWHERE.

Not even WalMart.

Wow, what a threadjack... from rat rods to Mason Jars.

Sorry about that folks.

Thanks for helping guys (and gals?). I havnt been on this sight for a while but Im still determined to build a bucket. Everyone in my classes are looking forward to getting their begginers now that we're turning 16 this year (one of my friends got his last night), but Ive still got to wait until October. So since I will be one of the last ones to be driving, Ill try to make it up by driving a friggin T bucket to the first day of school after my Birthday. Well, maybe it wont be done that soon, I dont want to rush it and get a dangerous heap of steel and fiberglass on the road, but it will still be cool, having one of the coolest cars in town, and still being in High School :rolleyes: Oh, and Ill make sure to contact you when the time comes to lay some paint. Thanks for the offer, It'll definately come in handy.

No problem Bro. But you gotta keep your foot in it. While youre strapped for cash...decide what kind of suspension you want, what kind of axle. No matter what the frame, body, motor...what are the things you want to make any bucket YOURS? Are you a steel wheel/ hubcap kinda guy, or spoked fronts and 5slots on the back? Big n littles or track style? Me? I appreciate pro street Ts; but for right now I want something with 15x8s and kidneybeans or slots with a turtle deck and a bucket of attitude with some weird engine setup (I have a Quad4 4cylinder and a Ford 2.3L OHC 4 with about 200hp from a pony stock car - along with a 383 that just lusts after some webber carbs or individual throttlebodies) So what is it man...when you close your eyes...what do you see

Some eyecandy?
TihsepaFront.jpg

TihsepaInterior.jpg

Its channeled way too much for me and its a 4spd car (the whole transmission is INSIDE the cockpit, floor pan goes under it) But the essence of this is where Im headed, maybe a little more refined (no cowl steering and no friction shocks...but I like the headers made from driveshafts. Engine is a 301 (hogged out 283) with 3 2bbl carbs. Car was built by a guy named Duffy, and he used it for roadracing against ferraris, maseratis and lister vettes...and he BEAT them all. Car is now owned by Brock Yates who wrote a book chronicling the cars original build, racing history and the history of homebuilt postwar hotrods in general. Lots of pics in this book. The title of the book is "Hot Rod: Ressurection of a Legend"

raze44 said:
Thanks for helping guys (and gals?). I havnt been on this sight for a while but Im still determined to build a bucket. Everyone in my classes are looking forward to getting their begginers now that we're turning 16 this year (one of my friends got his last night), but Ive still got to wait until October. So since I will be one of the last ones to be driving, Ill try to make it up by driving a friggin T bucket to the first day of school after my Birthday. Well, maybe it wont be done that soon, I dont want to rush it and get a dangerous heap of steel and fiberglass on the road, but it will still be cool, having one of the coolest cars in town, and still being in High School :rolleyes: Oh, and Ill make sure to contact you when the time comes to lay some paint. Thanks for the offer, It'll definately come in handy.

I don't know where you are located . Have you checked the classifieds here? There is a Total 27 project for what seems to be a good price. No it isn't mine.

NEVERMIND SOLD

Bill

Im in Fredericton New Brunswick (Where!?!), Canada. Thats my problem, there is no one selling anything even close to being as cool as a Tbuckit. I guess there is one guy, but he wants over 20Gs I think, which is like my budget ten fold:lol:

there are several tbucket guys on here from the great white north (we have a hawaiian contingent...but is there an ALASKAN one?).

If I was an enterprising kid...I MIGHT post a thread asking Canadians how they got started. *hint hint*

Hell Minnesota aint far from canada, neither is NY. I understand importing a complete T might be a problem. Just remember...you never pay cash up front for things sight unseen...EVER. And ALWAYS have a SIGNED contract. Ive been unpleasantly screwed trusting people with my meager funds at your age. If it sounds too good to be true, it is, ALWAYS. AND...listen to me here, Don't do anything without your parents consent (believe me...I dated a 29yr old when I was 17...its not fun to be grounded forever. Ask me when you're older if it had a small positive side) If you *did* import something in a sketchy way, *and* got caught...its not your a$$ the customs guys are interested in. Nothing is worth losing your parents trust, Ive been and done that, and 10yrs later, Im still working to get it all back.

Do it right, keep looking hard and NEVER buy your first car on the first day you look at it...you'll get elbow deep in it and need a 10ft pole to lever your head out of your butt. Take pics and post them here...we may see something you missed (probably because you dont care WTF it is...its a CAR and its YOURS). Tell the guy you'll sign a note saying if you dont get back to him in 48hrs with an answer you'll pay him 50 bucks...that usually shuts him up. If hes too eager to sell the car, its probably not worth your time. And bring a car guy with you, or your dad, neighbor...Im not sure how canadian law covers minors.

See how far I had to dig into my camaro????? Yeah, I got ripped off! My dad is a retired shop teacher and he just about killed me LOL "HOW MUCH!? I hope he gave you his daughter too D*ckhead. Well you're gonna LOVE this one...youre not gonna quit halfway either." 2yrs later I almost had a social life.

~Nate

Aww jeez Nate, I'm old enough and I want to hear about the cradle robber. LOL

LOL Shes a lovely woman of 40 now. We were very close, when I went to college she started having baby fever...I said I wasnt ready, and we split up. We are still friends. When we met, her son was 7....right now hes a senior in highschool:eek: She had a brand new firebird then too...I was the coolest kid on the block, but my parents wanted to KILL ME

RAZE: didja build anything yet?

If I could find something in mybe Montreal, or even Boston, it might be worth my time looking at, but I cant see myself getting a full car back to my house, and still having the money to fix it up. I just ordered a motor for my RC (sorry, not for the build) which cost 237 american, and I may have to pay 40$ brokerage fees + the initial cost to ship it. If it costs this much for a little 2lb package, I cant begin to imagine the cost of shipping a 2000lb car 1000kms. What I was thinking, is that I may order the body this month from Total Performance, which is in Connecticuit (about 8-9hrs away from here). I may try to con my grandfather into driving down to pick it up so I dont have to pay shipping. My question is if I buy the body, will that give me enough to work on for a while. Ill have a rear end, a motor, the body, and Ill see if I can get some help building a frame. For the frame, Ill probably mock up some 2x4 wood and whatever else I will use for the frame. And maybe Ill even be able to get the frame welded in the University macine shop. I have alot of relatives/friends of relatives that have alot of tools that Ill need, like chopsaws and stuff to work on the frame. I also know alot of people that know how to weld. My only worry I have with building the frame, is how much it will be to have it certified. Supposedly in NB, you need to get your frame certified if you build it. So if that is going to cost alot, maybe Ill be better off buying a frame. Oh, and If I do order my body, does anyone know a ballpark estimate for the shipping costs? It says something about 60$ crating fees, so I dont know if that is the total shipping cost or what.

Well that really blows. Maybe Ill try class glass. They are in Maryland if im not mistaken, thats just one more State it has to travel through. Not a big deal, although I think there prices are a little higher. I guess I should order it soon, before they go out of business too. That really sucks for the staff at Total Performance.

raze44 said:
Well that really blows. Maybe Ill try class glass. They are in Maryland if im not mistaken, thats just one more State it has to travel through. Not a big deal, although I think there prices are a little higher. I guess I should order it soon, before they go out of business too. That really sucks for the staff at Total Performance.
You could have Spirit ship the body to my garage in Detroit as its a sister city to Windsor Ont.And you could come across the border and pick it up then head back across.Just a thought.Fred and Rpm can atest to my honesty.Just trying to help out

I appreciate that, but windsor is at least 20 hours away, Id love to drive down to Ontario again, but there is no way I could get anyone to drive me, as Im only 15 years old . Thats why Im really adament about getting it from somewhere along the East Coast. Thanks for the offer though.

I helped caravan a guys car from here (syracuse) to arizona.....I trailered it to buffalo, someone went from there to Kansas and on and on....just a thought

You could talk to some of the body manufactures and see if they are coming to do a show near you. Buy the body at the show. I have done stuff like that for headers and axles. There most be some big shows in Boston.

Hey thats a good Idea, there are 2 car shows that come to Moncton (less than 2 hours away) every year, one being the biggest in Atlantic Canada with I think over 2000 cars last year. Actually its so big that Chip Foose was the big guest this past summer. The two shows always have manufactures showing off their fiberglass creations. Ill look into it, thanks for the idea. Maybe I can even get a deal, if I buy it at the show....

I havnt been thinking too much about Tbuckets, on Tuesday I was in the woods, and cut my hand with a machete. Dont ask me how it happened. I cut it where the thumb meets the rest of the hand. (my right hand) Anyway, I got 9 stitches, and I cant work for 2-3 weeks, and I cant go to school until Wednesday. So all in all, I was pretty lucky. When it is all healed, Ill only be a little weak with the muscle that I sliced. I didnt slice a tendant thank God, but I did get a nerve, which I should get feeling back in a few months. The cut was deep, and about 2" long. Needless to say, it really sucks, but Im still planning on building a T bucket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back