Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jag rear caliper brackets

Gerry

Hi
Anyone have any dimensions for a caliper bracket on a Jag rear end. Offset from diff mountings to center of disk would be helpful I know it can vary depending on what shims have been used to set up the camber but a starting point would be good.

Jan2010-(3).gif

Pulled my Jag rearend out today to try the new mount. Sorry I didn't remember to check the measurement. I'll do it first thing in the morning for you.

Ron

From the mounting surface for the caliper to the inside of the rotor is 13/16''. Is that what your looking for?

Ron

From the mounting surface for the caliper to the inside of the rotor is 13/16''. Is that what your looking for?

Ron

Hi Ron

Almost. I am using racing jag disks that are a lot thicker than the originals. I really need to know to the centre (or the original thickness of your disks) of the disk to be able to work out the offset for mine.
Thanks for taking the trouble
Gerry

My T has a standard '86 Jag differential and I mounted the original calipers and discs. They work great. I wouldn't think using an oversize disc would be necessary, unless you want them to look like they play baseball and are on steroids, ha!!

My T has a standard '86 Jag differential and I mounted the original calipers and discs. They work great. I wouldn't think using an oversize disc would be necessary, unless you want them to look like they play baseball and are on steroids, ha!!

Just a personal thing. Look fine to me. What do you think?

1st-set-of-spring-may2010-(.jpg

Looks good from where I'm sittin Gerry!!!

Ron

Looks good from where I'm sittin Gerry!!!

Ron

You know the one thing I want to do when this is finished is follow it up the road. Just want to see what the NON Rod'ers see for a change. There is something sweet about following your own T knowing that you can get back in it and cruise for real. Sot of brings a tear to your eye...
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back