Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mike's 27 T Build.

TbucketMike

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Ok well I thought I'd start a build thread for my Spirit 27 T even though I don't have the car yet. It's ordered and suppost to be here in december!!!! Can't wait. Here are the specs as of now (11/2022) on what we plan for the car.

Body: Spirit 27 T
Chassis: Spirit 27T with mounts for front shocks instead of friction shocks.
Ext Color: 2012 Dodge Challenger Orange ( Header Orange)
Int Color: Tan
Engine: 302 Ford out of 96 Mustang Gt. Will be a 347 stroker.
Trans:TCI C4
Rear 10 bolt Chevy but will have rear disk conversion. Wanted to keep chevy bolt pattern.
Gear ratio: 3.55's
Dakota Digital Dual 5in round guages.

That's all what I have come up with. Only have the engine so far. It's been sitting in my shed for a few years from another project and needs a complete rebuild. Anybody see any potential issues with what I'm planning so far? Here is a picture of the engine. :)

pictures026.jpg

Looks like a good start! The 347 will be nice runner in your relatively lightweight 27. Keep us informed on your progress!

I was also thinking the 347 would be good for the car. I have been kicking around the idea of going with a 351 stroked to a 408 but I think I'll stick with the 347.

Hi Mike,

I'm building a 27T using Spirit body and frame. Have the chassis finished except for wiring. Engine and tranny ready, engine running. Body is just about ready for the paint shop. Don't know what happened to the pic galleries but I can send pics if you send me your e-mail. You'll be happy with Spirit's products.

"Hi Mike,
I'm building a 27T using Spirit body and frame. Have the chassis finished except for wiring. Engine and tranny ready, engine running. Body is just about ready for the paint shop. Don't know what happened to the pic galleries but I can send pics if you send me your e-mail. You'll be happy with Spirit's products."

I would love to see some pictures of your build!! I will try and send you a message here on this website with my email. Let me know if you get it! Thanks​

She's out of the mold!!!!!!! Josh at spirit says my 27 kit is going to ship out this Tuesday!!! I'm praying it will be at the truck terminal by Thursday night or early Friday morning as I have to go to work Friday afternoon and won't be able to get the car for 7 days ( I drive truck).

outofmold.jpg

She's all done and ready to ship!! It's going to be shipping out this Monday and I'll have it thursday. It was suppost to ship on Tuesday but because of my work schedule we had to push it off until this Monday. I'm almost done putting the insulation up in my garage and the gas company is going to be here next week to hook up my heater. So the car is going to get here just in time for heat! LOL

27tj.jpg

Looks great! I remember the excitement of picking my body up--couldn't wait to have a sit in it!

I notice they now have a mount pad for the typical windshield posts. I had to grind the old design down and build up new ones with epoxy. Looks like they even have the holes there for you. Believe me, it took many hours to mod mine but it came out good. If you ask, they will send you templates for the steering column holes.

She's home and in my garage!!!! Made it safe and sound with no damage. Looks awesome. Still going through all the parts and hardware to make sure I got everything.

pictures061.jpg

pictures063b.jpg

pictures064q.jpg

Mike I like the Ford in a Ford. My schools project car is also a Spirit 27. I think it will be more comfortable. Man all those boxes look familar too!

Lee

Thanks guys!! Still working on insulating the garage so I can heat it. Only have to finish up the ceilings then the work on the car begins!!! There are so many boxes of parts I don't know what to do with myself or where to begin! LOL Going to have to make up some sort of stand for the body to sit on while I work on the frame.

I bought two fixed and two swivel casters: mount them on 2x4's that I bolted to the bottom of the body using the four mount holes. That way I could move it around as needed to get it out for work and move it out of the way to work on the frame.

I bought two fixed and two swivel casters: mount them on 2x4's that I bolted to the bottom of the body using the four mount holes. That way I could move it around as needed to get it out for work and move it out of the way to work on the frame.

Sounds like a great idea! How high did yours sit off the floor? I'd like the body to sit 2 or 3 feet off the floor to make it easier to work on.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back