Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

The original windshield was 20 inches tall. I removed 4 inches from the windshield because i also removed 4 inches from the roof. The windshield was now 16 inches tall. Recently i removed 2 more inches from the roof. So , i'm having 2 inches removed from the windshield also. There's a large gap on each side of the roof. That's because i propped up the roof more than 16 inches ( to facilitate removal of the windshield.). The 2 gaps will close when i install the 14 inch windshield. Remember guys , i've done this before . Everything should be okay.

Remember guys , i've done this before . Everything should be okay.

I feel your pain DR. This happens when a build goes on for an extended period of time. The "vision" of what you want changes. I thought I wanted a 383 in my bucket for more grunt. When it came time to do the engine my funds were limited, so a junkyard 350 would have to do. But now I can hardly handle the mild 350 that sits between the rails. Go figure. . . :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of Darlene's car . . .

low-clearance-2-jpg.21069

I picked up my windshield frame from Dentoni's welding shop today 3-30-22. This is the original windshield frame that was purchased with the "Big Boy" body. I began re-mounting it on the " big boy " body. Still waiting for windshield frame number 2 from Ron Pope. Raidmagic said he would take it . KOWABUNGA !!

DonnyRay, I was looking at your dash board. (Do they still call them that?) My new dash is perfectly vertical as is yours. At that 0 degree angle, it's hard to read the gauges. I'm thinking of tilting it on a small angle, maybe 20 degrees, to make it easier to read. You might want to consider that, too. Just sayin'!

ORF, actually, I had that problem with my windshield years ago. It was at just the wrong angle that it reflected headlights of someone behind me right into my eyes, Not a good thing! I tilted it back 10 degrees. Problem solved. My dash is made of oak so it will be easy to make some wedges to tilt it and see what angle works best. Thanks for the thought.

My main problem will be from sunlight coming through the windshield. I have a hardtop roof. I don't plan to ever remove the hardtop. I will have removable side windows which can be taken off on very hot California days I'm going to install a heater/defroster assembly for cold days. I plan to use my project as a daily/all season driver.

Here's an update on my latest roof chop :DSCN1422.JPG DSCN1426.JPG DSCN1427.JPG DSCN1428.JPG DSCN1429.JPG Some of these photos make the roof look distorted. The roof is fine.

Looking good, why did you decide to lower it more and do you think you will be able to see stop lights when your 1st in line? I used to have a Hudson with a visor and I couldn't see lights.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back