Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Mississippi

George Cato

Hello Guys! I been reading the past few months, and called RPM today to order my front end to start my new project. We talked for a minute and I realized that I seen Ron's name on one of the post, and ask if this was the same person... turned out it was. And here I am... I am excited about this new build and it was great talking to Ron and getting new info. As soon as I can post pics I will be posting my build! And hoping I get good info from yall along the way.

George

Welcome to the forum. Where in Mississippi ?

Don't forget The Cajun Nationals in Baton Rouge in April.

D L Ellyson Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Welcome from northern Illinois.

Thanks guys!

I live just south of jackson.

Today, frame rails are cut, welding tomorrow, and swap meet tomorrow afternoon.
Took some pics, will post when I can.

The swap meet went great! I found an old body stretched, hung passenger door, and floor. You could tell it was sitting in shed or something... needs some TLC, paid very little for it... can't wait for the front end to arrive from RPM! 2 weeks should have a rolling chassis!

@old round fart thanks for that info, I asked around today. It seems to have been built from a local company that had a few 1929 bodies that they have built also, they seem to be getting out of the business, and are just trying to get rid of old stock. The gentleman that I bought the body from, said that he got the body 5 or 6 years ago, and never started the project. So long story short... I got a body super cheap! Hahaha.

Well it looks like to me he has never turned loose of the bottle since he first gripped
it. The cup is only a convenience item, glass is hard on the teeth if the closing rate
on the mouth is too high towards the end of the bottle. clank clank clank ouch!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back