Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New ride

QuadBart

Ok, so Ive been told to post up some pics. Looks like you can only upload a specific amount per post?

Anyway, I consider it a "Project car" for me. Its streetable but for a build thats only 4-5 years old, it needs some TLC.

I think the guy that built the car used ALL used parts on it.

The price was right and it was within an hours drive so Im not complaining.

Its actually just what I was looking for. Sort of a fixer upper that I could "Redo" the way I want it,

The car drove like CRAP when I first got it so Ive put a NEW steering box in it , new tires on the front.

The wheel bearings were loose and the front end had 3/4 of an inch TOE OUT !! SO , I Readjusted the wheel bearings and toe in to 1/8.

The drive line was out of line by about 6 degrees. Easy fix, 3/16 shim under the tail of the tranny put everything within 1.

Attachments

• CIMG0703.JPG
    CIMG0703.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 165
3/4 of an inch TOE OUT !! :jawdrop: It's a wonder you could drive it at all. Mine wobbles like a weeble when it's a 1/8" off. Looks like you're checking all the right stuff. Good luck.

3/4 of an inch TOE OUT !! :jawdrop: It's a wonder you could drive it at all. Mine wobbles like a weeble when it's a 1/8" off. Looks like you're checking all the right stuff. Good luck.

Its getting better to drive as time goes on. Ive had it 6 weeks now and every week that goes by I keep finding things that can be improved upon.

While there are plans in the future to redo the interior and repaint the whole car. Thats a ways off in the future,.

This winter, the focus will be totally on mechanical.

Its got a mid 70's Pontiac 350 motor that was rebuilt a few years back, it runs strong, but the rear main seal leaks.
Its not bad.........its just annoying.

The headers need to be remade for it. The guy that modified these did an OK job making the SBC header work..... but they could be better.
I have not been able to find a set for the poncho motor.

Then a new steering colmun......... Bla Bla Bla, and the list goes on.

Can anyone tell me who body this might be? The guy I bought it off of didnt know.

I liked it because the seats are molded into the body. They are not inserts.
The gas tank is mounted under the seats/body and the rear section has a sliding lid on it. theres room back there for a CD player and amp, a small tool kit and a 6 pack cooler.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back