Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie from PA

zacanger

Introducing myself like a good newbie. I don't have a T-Bucket, but I've been looking for parts for one for a few months now. I'm just starting to get into cars and hot rod. I have a couple options open right now, including a '65 New Yorker's 413 and A727 and a 305 and 700-R4 from an '84 Z28. I'm joining a lot of forums the past few days to try to find out more and get any advice I can.

On your first build small block chevy or small block ford are good options to keep cost down. When you start with different motors headers can be quite pricey. And chrome for these is reasonably priced and readily available.

I think the 305 would be the best way to go, more parts that are easily available; headers, and dress up stuff. :cool:

Welcome to the site. Putz got it right. It's pretty hard to beat the after market for SBC and there is always the used stuff out there too. You can find damn near any infor you're looking for here on this site. The biggest plus is the knowledge here. Try posting a question and these guy are all over it like white on rice!

Ron

welcome. the 305 with a 700r4 and a s10 rear with 3.73 gears makes a nice set up. will not use a lot of gas but will have plenty of power.
and you can always up grade later :lol:

Welcome to the T-Bucket Forums!

I have to agree that the SB Chevy will be the most economical build up for you, but it's always nice to see something different. When I was at Total to order everything, Brian was this >< close to convincing me to use a SB Chrysler. I just didn't have enough parts left over to build one. I'm just hoping the decision to use a SB Chevy isn't going to make it a belly-button car. :confused:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back