Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie in the UK

Svsdino

image.jpg image.jpg Hi All

Looking forward to reading about everyone's T's, since I got my first one I'm obsessed with them!
My T is an E type engined T bucket running a Jag IRS and manual box. Called Desperado, she appeared at various shows in the UK in the late seventies.
I've now started her rebuild, stripping out the front axle and tie bars and next job is stripping the rear axle to get all the chrome off for replating.
I've filled all the engine cylinders with oil before attempting a start up in around May, hopefully!
I'm trying to get her finished in time for Junes Hot Rod and custom show at Beaulieu, fingers crossed.

Hello, to be honest I thought it may help as she wasn't seized but hasn't been run for 7 or 8 years so it's just belts and braces! I will drain it all away before start up. Lol

Make sure you oil up the side drafts also for they will be extra dry after 7-8 years.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm going to try to do a simple rebuild thread on here too.
I love the replica carriage lights they use in the States, we can't get them here, I might bite the bullet and import some to replace the rear lights fitted at present.

Hi neat T. I see the T years ago . I wondered what happened to it. Glad it has surfaced . I will look for it Beaulieu in the summer.

Wow! That is so retro cool! I love it!! Man, other than renewing/replating, I would not change a thing. Is the paint still in good shape?

Wow! That is so retro cool! I love it!! Man, other than renewing/replating, I would not change a thing. Is the paint still in good shape?
The only problem with the paint is the original lacquer is crazing. It's my idea to gently flat back to base coat and relaquer, the paint colour is ford velvet red and while I can match that all the detailing is Vreeble, a type of crackle paint which I'll never match in a million years, so careful it is then!!

Hi from Ohio. Great T. I love timeless old T's with aggressivie personalities. Also love the growl of Jaguar engines. Thanks for showing it to us.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back