Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pics from my build.

20160909_140724_zpskm3tdaty.jpg

While I'm waiting for my title, I put the screen in front. Don't remember who gave out the info on where to buy this but, thanks it worked out real nice. The only problem I had is when I started up my engine the bottom hose blew off. I thought the clamp was tight and it wasn't. What a mess in my garage. Back to Auto Zone for ore coolant. Thanks again. I'm real happy with the way it looks.

Looks great!

Thanks. Is everyone on vacation? Does not seem like anybody is working on their builds. I miss the updates.

I'm here. The progress on my doors is so slow that I'm waiting to post pics until there's noticeable changes.

Thanks. Is everyone on vacation? Does not seem like anybody is working on their builds. I miss the updates.

I'm here and parts are in transit.

Reactions: RPM
Me Too! Parts are on order

Reactions: RPM
You have a lift in your garage?

You lucky dog.

First thing I did was add on to the garage. Second thing was put in the lift. Added enough lights to land an airplane. I bought a cherry picker for mounting the engine & tranny. Did not like the cherry picker so I put in an I-beam with block and tackle. I figure I can use it to remove the body by myself. I have heat and air for working year round. I need to be more organized so I will have room for a beer cooler. LOL

Last edited:
Update on the title process. I received the VIN number and tag. The DMV wanted me to mount it in the driver side door post. I don't have a driver side door so I called them and asked where I should mount the tag. The Lady was very nice and checked with someone else but neither of them ever heard of not having a driver side door. They told me to contact the State Patrol office because it is now a legal issue as where to put the tag. The first guy I talked to didn't know so he put me in touch with the salvage guys of the State Patrol office. He said they handle all the inspection and should know where to put the tag. I called the guy and he was on the south side so he came over to look at the car and tell me where to put the tag. After seeing the car he didn't think it could be titled or license they way it was. I told him it was a replica 1923 ford T. I Showed him the MSO. He took pictures but said there may have to be changes made before it would be legal to drive. He was very nice and said he wanted to help me get it on the road. He was going to talk it over with his Sergeant and would get back to me. I know Wisconsin is suppose to be hotrod friendly but maybe not T bucket friendly. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Update on the title process. I received the VIN number and tag. The DMV wanted me to mount it in the driver side door post. I don't have a driver side door so I called them and asked where I should mount the tag. The Lady was very nice and checked with someone else but neither of them ever heard of not having a driver side door. They told me to contact the State Patrol office because it is now a legal issue as where to put the tag. The first guy I talked to didn't know so he put me in touch with the salvage guys of the State Patrol office. He said they handle all the inspection and should know where to put the tag. I called the guy and he was on the south side so he came over to look at the car and tell me where to put the tag. After seeing the car he didn't think it could be titled or license they way it was. I told him it was a replica 1923 ford T. I Showed him the MSO. He took pictures but said there may have to be changes made before it would be legal to drive. He was very nice and said he wanted to help me get it on the road. He was going to talk it over with his Sergeant and would get back to me. I know Wisconsin is suppose to be hotrod friendly but maybe not T bucket friendly. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
They would really be lost when you inform them that in 1923 there were no vin numbers, no wipers, and no drivers door on the roadster.

Update on my title. The State Patrol officer never got back to me so things weren't looking to good. A friend of my daughter came over on Sunday with her husband. He is a fireman with a old truck he is building. I showed him how far I was on my T and what I was waiting for. I told him he should have been a cop. Then he could sign off on the VIN tag. He said I have a friend who is and made a phone call. Today that officer came over and sign the paper work I needed. I told him when I get it on the road Ill give him a ride. Smiles all around.Tomorrow it will be in the mail. Amen

Glad things worked out. I hope my hoop jumping goes well, I have done the research I just need to get the process started.

Update on my title. The State Patrol officer never got back to me so things weren't looking to good. A friend of my daughter came over on Sunday with her husband. He is a fireman with a old truck he is building. I showed him how far I was on my T and what I was waiting for. I told him he should have been a cop. Then he could sign off on the VIN tag. He said I have a friend who is and made a phone call. Today that officer came over and sign the paper work I needed. I told him when I get it on the road Ill give him a ride. Smiles all around.Tomorrow it will be in the mail. Amen

Awesome!

20170210_152514.jpg 20170210_152522.jpg 20170210_152533.jpg 20170212_113332.jpg 20170214_163706.jpg 20170214_163717.jpg 20170214_163729.jpg 20170214_163957.jpg 20170215_105729.jpg A few pics of the heat shields I made. Everything on line was chrome to long and $$$. These are made out of .036" thick perforated stainless. I also added a heat boot over the exhaust. cut heat b 50%

Rubicon - What do you call the three black parts on the ring clamp? Where did you find them?

Thanks,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back