Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ray Turner

Longest drive so far has been 6 hours going to the Lake of Ozark's for an NTBA event. The wife
did a couple of stints of about 1 hour each, but I was hoping she would get tired quickly.

Are you aware of the national organization of TBuckets? They hold several events every year and
we drive from about 9am to 3pm with stops for food and fuel about every 45 minutes. Events
usually last 3 days and have anywhere from 25 to 125 TBuckets.

You are being redirected...
I had no Idea that was happening! Thank you very much for giving me that link! That sound like so much fun. I could do that as long as we stopped every 45 minutes, and

I had no Idea that was happening! Thank you very much for giving me that link! That sound like so much fun. I could do that as long as we stopped every 45 minutes, and
It would be great to be with others who love their cars and cruising. Thank you again.

It would be great to be with others who love their cars and cruising. Thank you again.

Here's a pic from the NTBA Nationals held in Indianapolis in 2016; we were visiting Don Schumacher Racing.

Indy-DSR.jpg

Do you have a trailer or would you have to drive your bucket there ?

Here's a pic from the NTBA Nationals held in Indianapolis in 2016; we were visiting Don Schumacher Racing.

View attachment 18772
Thank you Spanky for the picture! That is just amazing. I would love to go to the one in Osage beach, Missouri. I showed my wife the pic, she said Wow! She thought that I was in a restored model T group. I said nope, all Hot rods. Thanks

I was born in Kingman, KS. and raised mostly in a farm area north of Harper. Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

I was born in Kingman, KS. and raised mostly in a farm area north of Harper. Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.
Thank you for the welcome! I learned to fly in Kingman back in 1990. Lived in wichita most of my life, until 10 years ago. Now I'm out in a farm area next to Sedgwick KS, that floods quite a bit. But for the most part its quiet until I fire up the T.

I would have to drive the bucket
I was going to drive to the nationals last year in Prescott AZ a 14 hour drive, but I just
bought a 2008 Lincoln Navigator that could tow a trailer. So I rented a U-Haul open
trailer, it was as cheap as taking 2nd vehicle for all my other shit .... sorry I mean my
other stuff. :)

Do you have a vehicle that could tow an open trailer ?

I was going to drive to the nationals last year in Prescott AZ a 14 hour drive, but I just
bought a 2008 Lincoln Navigator that could tow a trailer. So I rented a U-Haul open
trailer, it was as cheap as taking 2nd vehicle for all my other shit .... sorry I mean my
other stuff. :)

Do you have a vehicle that could tow an open trailer ?
No I sure dont anymore, I had a nice chevy truck, but had to sale it. Yes there is no way i could make that drive in the T. But that's a great idea for an open trailer.

Well be sure to stick around, you can never tell what might happen. Occasionally someone
needs to share a room, since most times the rooms at the host motel are about $90 to $110.
Or someone is coming along that you could caravan with or ...... blah, blah, blah.

The NTBA is a family, so everyone including kids, dogs, girlfriends and old people are
welcome. OK so most of us are over 60 yo, but we are welcome also. We usually have a shag
wagon following the group in case someone breaks down and needs a tow. We even had one
member that was blind ..... I will let you ponder that one for awhile ! o_O

Do you think you could drive to the Ozarks with enough breaks along the way ?

Well be sure to stick around, you can never tell what might happen. Occasionally someone
needs to share a room, since most times the rooms at the host motel are about $90 to $110.
Or someone is coming along that you could caravan with or ...... blah, blah, blah.

The NTBA is a family, so everyone including kids, dogs, girlfriends and old people are
welcome. OK so most of us are over 60 yo, but we are welcome also. We usually have a shag
wagon following the group in case someone breaks down and needs a tow. We even had one
member that was blind ..... I will let you ponder that one for awhile ! o_O

Do you think you could drive to the Ozarks with enough breaks along the way ?
what a great group! Yes I think my wife and I could make it with the breaks along the way. That is really awesome that the group is there to help along the way.

Don't wait too long to make your reservations. The NTBA gets a bunch of rooms
together, in the back for some reason !

You are being redirected...

Indycars is being nice with the over 60 years thing cause a bunch of the NTBA Family are well over 75 years young. We also have a member that lost his right leg in a car wreck and he uses a short leg to drive and a longer leg to walk around. His car also does not have a door and he don't let that stop him. The two of them drive that car pulling a small trailer every where...
Ray you will love this NTBA Family for sure come on down...…..

Indycars is being nice with the over 60 years thing cause a bunch of the NTBA Family are well over 75 years young.
So what you are saying at 66 yo, I'm just a whipper snapper ???

upload_2020-5-11_19-4-19.png

Thanks LincolnT, it was starting to look like I was a family of ONE.

We also have a member that lost his right leg in a car wreck and he uses a short leg to drive and a longer leg to walk around.
Yes he has been to our house and we went to El Reno OK for an onion burger at Sid's. I've
asked him if we could trade legs for the short afternoon trip. But I wasn't willing to give up
any thing on my end to make it fit. LOL !

I've been back many times since then, and it's possible that Sid and I crossed paths in highschool.
He as sat down to chat with my wife and I a couple of times after seeing the TBucket outside.
He even gave me a signed book about his place and route 66 that he wrote.

SidsOnionBurgerElRenoOK.jpg

Indycars is being nice with the over 60 years thing cause a bunch of the NTBA Family are well over 75 years young. We also have a member that lost his right leg in a car wreck and he uses a short leg to drive and a longer leg to walk around. His car also does not have a door and he don't let that stop him. The two of them drive that car pulling a small trailer every where...
Ray you will love this NTBA Family for sure come on down...…..
I talked to my wife and we looked at the date for the ozark show, and we found out it's the same time as the Hutchison Kansas state fair. She works for the Kansas highway patrol, and every year she has to go and help for a week. So with that being said I won't be able to attend this year. I just can't go without her. We are looking at other shows you have and maybe we can make one of those. I really look fwd to meeting you all soon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back