Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So, why a T Bucket?

full
I LOVE that car! Clean and simple...and low. I hope mine turns out looking half as good.

But it does reignite my color debate. I really like the clean look of the simple 2-tone primary color and black scheme...like the car above. I'm afraid my planned tri-color will be too busy looking.

I'm planning on Plastidip 50's Aqua for the body and grille shell, with POR15 engine enamel Ford Green for the engine and front & rear axles. The chassis and suspension would be in bed liner black.
Color Scheme.jpg
The problem is, the aqua and dark green are fulfilling a long ago promise to my dad (long story), and are a must. Substituting the Ford green engine enamel for the bed liner black would look great, but the POR15 is pricey and I do not know if it would hold up like the bed liner would. <shrug>

Tilt front end was the Herald or Vitess. Also the GT6 has the same which is why a buddy of mine put a BBC in one. His reasoning was that he just had to take the flip off, put the Chevy in and cut a hole for the carb.

You know I cant remember ever having trouble with Lucas stuff. Mind you the lights back then were about 3 candle power.

View attachment 12192

Well done guys the pic upload works really well. Thanks
G
I had a couple triumph Bonieville 750's and a BSA, no big issues. Typical old bike stuff. The parts are worth their weight in gold around here.

Tilt front end was the Herald or Vitess. Also the GT6 has the same which is why a buddy of mine put a BBC in one. His reasoning was that he just had to take the flip off, put the Chevy in and cut a hole for the carb.

You know I cant remember ever having trouble with Lucas stuff. Mind you the lights back then were about 3 candle power.

View attachment 12192

Well done guys the pic upload works really well. Thanks
G

I always liked the little Heralds, but over here they are rare and usually rusted into oblivion. My dad's Pontiac dealer friend offered to give me one he took in on trade, but it was so rusted I was afraid to sit in it. I've frequently wondered if t would be possible to put a GT6 drivetrain in a Herald.

I LOVE that car! Clean and simple...and low. I hope mine turns out looking half as good.

But it does reignite my color debate. I really like the clean look of the simple 2-tone primary color and black scheme...like the car above. I'm afraid my planned tri-color will be too busy looking.

I'm planning on Plastidip 50's Aqua for the body and grille shell, with POR15 engine enamel Ford Green for the engine and front & rear axles. The chassis and suspension would be in bed liner black.
View attachment 12191
The problem is, the aqua and dark green are fulfilling a long ago promise to my dad (long story), and are a must. Substituting the Ford green engine enamel for the bed liner black would look great, but the POR15 is pricey and I do not know if it would hold up like the bed liner would. <shrug>
Put eurothane over it. You can get rock gaurd clear coat that is similar to the bed coating and put it over whatever color you want. It has a finish similar to bed coating, depending on how it's applied.

Back in the late '60's I had 4 different guys who owned british sports carsb,working at home in the evening , those guys paid for the majority of an 20' rayson craft jet boat I bought , seems those cars had the WORST electronics in the world , constantly breaking down !!
dave

I remember being stopped one night for my headlights flickering on and off. Turned out the bad pavement was jiggling something in the fuse box. Even had the spring in the clutch master cylinder break. Ever hear of that ever happening?

I was at the dealer when the TR-7's first came out. One owner made it to 40 miles on the odometer before he had to be towed in. The electronic ignition was fried.

The transverse rear spring that triumph used in the spitfire wasn't tempered very well. After a few mile the wheels would can't and from the back the car would look like it was squatting to take a ... You know wat I mean. As much problem as it was it was still the most fun car I ever owned. It was bare bones motoring at its finest (when it was running). plus I was young enough to enjoy it.

Put eurothane over it. You can get rock gaurd clear coat that is similar to the bed coating and put it over whatever color you want. It has a finish similar to bed coating, depending on how it's applied.

Cool! A quick search has found several clear bed liner products.

Does anyone know how many pints of paint it takes to do a frame?

I remember being stopped one night for my headlights flickering on and off. Turned out the bad pavement was jiggling something in the fuse box. Even had the spring in the clutch master cylinder break. Ever hear of that ever happening?

I was at the dealer when the TR-7's first came out. One owner made it to 40 miles on the odometer before he had to be towed in. The electronic ignition was fried.

The TR-7s were horrid from beginning to end...the product of poor engineering, crappy materials, and serious labor and quality control issues. Pretty much anything from the British Leyland era is best just sold for scrap.

The transverse rear spring that triumph used in the spitfire wasn't tempered very well. After a few mile the wheels would can't and from the back the car would look like it was squatting to take a ... You know wat I mean. As much problem as it was it was still the most fun car I ever owned. It was bare bones motoring at its finest (when it was running). plus I was young enough to enjoy it.

Yup, I recall the Spitfire Squat. I recently heard that there are aftermarket springs that correct that issue. What you say about fun bare bones motoring is exactly what I hope to capture in T-Bucket form with my off the wall build.

So, the reason I like the t bucket. There is going to come a time when I am no longer going to be able to get in or out of the unmentionable English sports car. I still love minimal, fast, loud, out in the open air fun cars. Certain variations of the t bucket will be easier to exit for me while still full filling my other requirements.

How the hell did this thread get to English sports cars? I had a couple but don't want to hijack this thread!

The simple fun to be had in both T-Buckets and the British sports cars can have a lot of parallels. In my case, those parallels are the reason I chose to attempt my own twist on a T-Bucket.

The simple fun to be had in both T-Buckets and the British sports cars can have a lot of parallels. In my case, those parallels are the reason I chose to attempt my own twist on a T-Bucket.

Just a thought.... try posting about T Buckets on a British car website. I don't think they'd like it.

Just a thought.... try posting about T Buckets on a British car website. I don't think they'd like it.

The forum:
Lounge
A place to sit back, prop your feet up, enjoy the beverage of your choice and tell us what's been going on. Topics not directly related to T-Buckets belong here.

The thread:
So, why a T Bucket?
For me, one of the biggest reasons for wanting to do a T-Bucket is to try to recapture the simple fun I had with the British roadsters of my past, in a different format.

If there were an appropriate forum and applicable thread on the British car website I'd not hesitate to discuss T-Buckets.

The forum:
Lounge
A place to sit back, prop your feet up, enjoy the beverage of your choice and tell us what's been going on. Topics not directly related to T-Buckets belong here.

The thread:
So, why a T Bucket?
For me, one of the biggest reasons for wanting to do a T-Bucket is to try to recapture the simple fun I had with the British roadsters of my past, in a different format.

If there were an appropriate forum and applicable thread on the British car website I'd not hesitate to discuss T-Buckets.
How about starting your own thread on British sports cars and leave Fred's thread alone. Just a thought.

Many of us are old guys , everything reminds us of a story , when we tell stories we usually get sidetracked by .....another story , who cares , it's the lounge , a place to BS & tell stories .. who cares ??? I don't !!:D
dave

Many of us are old guys , everything reminds us of a story , when we tell stories we usually get sidetracked by .....another story , who cares , it's the lounge , a place to BS & tell stories .. who cares ??? I don't !!:D
dave

A true statement of our societies, old self entitled, hacks, trying to hang on for that last ride. Makes it easy to place you and your bull shit on an "ignore" list. Happy trails, gramps.:D

Ahhh...... much better.

How about starting your own thread on British sports cars and leave Fred's thread alone. Just a thought.
Gladly. I don't need the drama. The powers that be can delete any offending post with no complaint from me.

It's not drama. It's rude and annoying. Okay? Everyone does it, but you guys went for a whole damn page. The LOUNGE is to talk about whatever you want, but NOT IN SOMEONE ELSE'S CONVERSATION! That's how forums work.

How would you like someone to start talking about sports, when you and your friends had a conversation about cars going on? Do you see how rude that would be?

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back