Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T bucket frame plans

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
Is there anyone who would like a set of plans for a T bucket frame?

For those who want them, PW your mailing address to me. There's too much materal to send by e-mail.

I've got a set of Youngster's plans and his tapered rails at the front is a great idea.

Youngster, I don't have a heated garage so I'm waiting till likely March to finish the frame. Thanks for your resources.

All-world1..Wellcome to the forum. I just knew you'd get here sooner or later. How cold is it up there?

OK...I'm going to try to post a picture here...let's see what happens.

This is a picture of one of my frames with a 25'' taper from 3'' down to 2'' at the front cross member. The spring perch on the frame is for a spring behind the axle. The one on the floor is for a spring over the axle.

Youngster said:
All-world1..Wellcome to the forum. I just knew you'd get here sooner or later. How cold is it up there?

Nice to catch up with you again youngster.

-32 C with a windchill of -42 C this morning....even the dog doesn't want to go out. All I can do now is shop for parts.

Looks like I'll go with the early ford spindles from Speedway, but I'm still having some trouble finding those 50's F-1/100 drum brakes. I'll be using the rear drums that came with the ford 8" rear. The search goes on....

Not so bad here...-7 windchill -25....I ain't goin' nowhere today!!!!

Youngster said:
Not so bad here...-7 windchill -25....I ain't goin' nowhere today!!!!

No wonder you guys up north make such nice cars. You don't have anything else to do with them in the winter time, but improve them!:rolleyes:

Crap, I was wearing just a T shirt today, for a while. Global warming?:eek:

tfeverfred said:
No wonder you guys up north make such nice cars. You don't have anything else to do with them in the winter time, but improve them!:rolleyes:

Crap, I was wearing just a T shirt today, for a while. Global warming?:eek:
You're killin' me...the last time I stepped outside in a t-shirt was sometime in October. I should look into a heater for the garage.

There's something about being in a nice warm shop when it's this cold out. The maternity ward here does real good long about Sept. and Oct. too!!

To answer Lowrollerchevy's post, I should explainabout these''plans''.

In the early '60's, we were always on the watch for a model A or T coupe. Then in Nov. of '64, Car Craft started a series on building a T bucket roadster. Well, that changed everything. Almquist had been advertising a 'glass body for acouple of years. Bad body, but only $99. That and an A front end, $10-$15, a '50 Ford from the back row at the local jocky lot, $50, and you had the makings of a T and a roadster to boot. Mine got finished, sort of and the older guys where quick to point out ''better ways to do this or that''.

That's where it all started. I got a lot of help from those who had been there before me. Over the years I got a lot of help from a countless number of people. It hasn't stopped yet. I'm still learning and hope to God I never stop.

My point is, it's time to pay back. That's the reason I've decided to put together a set of plans for a T chassis. I've seen a lot of stuff done that is sub standard and down right unsafe. I've either built or had a hand in building several T's over the last 40 years, and I'd like to pass along some of the information to those who can use it. I don't want anything for these plans. All I ask is that if you get a set, pass them along if you get the chance.

Now, about the plans, the chassis is one I've used on the last 6 or so cars. What you will receive in the first packet is dimensions for the frame rails and a procedure for welding your frame together. The next packet will have the front and rear suspension in it. Included will be a parts list with sorces and a
procedure for welding it and installing it on your frame. That's where I stop. I want you to build your car. I'm not going to dictate how you should build it, that's where you can make it yours. I'll be around to answer questions and for you to bounce your ideas off of and be more than happy to help. One last thing, I'm by no means a tech writer. You will find some bad typing and errors in the script, but I think you'll like what you get.

I'm also not the most computer literate person you'll run into. There is a lot of information here and I don't know how to send it out over the net. So , I'll be mailing it thru the US Postal Service. If you are still interested in the plans, PM me your address and I'll try to get them to you. At this time, the first packet is done and ready to go. I'm still working on the second packet. I don't know when it'll be ready so please be patient with me. I'll get them to you 'cause I said I would.

Thanks,Ron

Ron,
I just came across T-Bucket Forums (a link on a post by tfeverfred on the HAMB) and found your post. I would also like a copy of your plans, PM'ing my mailing info now.
Thanks,
Mike Bynum

i was leaning towards the spirit kit but would realy like to build my own with all the usfull help in the bucket comunity i think im going to give i a try a better welder is much cheeper than the kit anyway will pm my address for some plans now thanks, :lol: thanks a lot, realy feel better doing it myself

I thought I should post an update here. I haven't forgotten about this. As a matter of fact, I'm working on the ''Plans'' today. I am amazed at the responce to my offer. There are requests for over 40 sets From all over the states and three other countries. That's awesome. I couldn't be more pleased. In order to keep my promice of ''No Charge'', I might have to look for another way to get the information out to you guys. One way or the other I'll get'er done.

Ron

Ron,
I would think any one of us that wants a set would be more than willing to slip a few bucks into an envelope and send it to you after we get the plans..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back