Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T bucket frame plans

Why do you think CCR uses the longest Radius Rods that will fit on the chassis?? Answer that truthfully, and you will also use them... And as to just what they do for your suspension... Both the front and rear...Even if you use a 4 bar setup, the length should be the same, for the best results... other than being money minded.

Ted Brown said:
Why do you think CCR uses the longest Radius Rods that will fit on the chassis??

Honestly, I thought it was because they were developed in the era of the theme/show rod. Back when everything was exaggerated for visual effect.

the longer radius rods give better ride... and less bump steer if the steering rod/steering box is setup correct.. you also want your steering rod to run parrallel with your radius rods if you can.....

any drastic angles contribute to bump steer (just a rule of thumb)

Youngster,
I'm a newbie here and I just sent you a PM requesting your T Bucket plans.

Let me know what charges there will be for the postage. You stated that the plans were free and if not let me know that.

Thanks Millions

Thruwurkin
Kennnewick Man

Thruwurkin i bet rick would also send you his ccr pdf plans if you ask real nice.

Anyone who wants a set of the CCR plans please send me an E-Mail.

kennewick man...go back to post #31 on this thread. there is a link to the pdf file for the plans. you can download them for free. enjoy!!!

Ron

Thruwurkin said:
Youngster,
I'm a newbie here and I just sent you a PM requesting your T Bucket plans.

Let me know what charges there will be for the postage. You stated that the plans were free and if not let me know that.

Thanks Millions

Thruwurkin
Kennnewick Man

As Youngster said, you can download them for free... very nice frame, tapered front rails... etc

here is the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1403255

Does anybody have a picture of a car built on the plans? I want to build a car that's fairly low to the ground, and was just wondering how a car from the plans sits.

Thanks. :lol:

Take a look at the roads around your driving area and think about a really low car.If your roads a smooth and flat then go for it.Ya gotta watch for oil pan clearence and steering arm for clearence.

kris...there are somany varibles to building a T from these plans that it would be hard to find a bench mark. i can tell there may be one up for sale around the 4th of july that is close. i didn't design ths frame as alow rider. the whole idea of the "plans was to give a starting point for a builder. don't be afraid to make changes to make the car what YOU want it to be. as others have said, building a low car raises all kinds of clearance issues, but hat's what building a T is all about, problem solving.

Ron

PS, if anyone is building for these plans, post some pics so everyone can benefit from them.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be doing some mods, however, I was more interested in how the car sits with the suspension you spec'd. Pictures would be nice, but I figure in a month or so, I'll be able to see first hand! ;)

kris-kincaid said:
Does anybody have a picture of a car built on the plans? I want to build a car that's fairly low to the ground, and was just wondering how a car from the plans sits.

Thanks. :hooray:

Ditto!

Thanks
Mike

ceeya68, what is you location, we are also from Ut. Willard, area.
Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back