Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T frame plans

Personally, I use a product like ALL METAL or another metal impregnated filler for mudwork on frames. Then I skim with bondo and block it flat pretty quick. Epoxy primer, blocksand, another coat of epoxy and then paint. The subframe for my camaro I painted with a black industrial epoxy paint. By varying the amount of hardener, you can make it more or less glossy. I set up a test panel and toyed with it a little...got a 90% copy of "chassis black." I had that test panel for a long time, last time I saw it, there were some scratches in it but I hit it with some turtlewax polish and it came right back.
Make SURE you let that epoxy CURE for the better part of a week before you try to buff it. I treated it like single stage urethane...basically what you spray is what you get, no final colorsanding, just a "cut and buff". I'm unsure if you can aggressively color sand it. If it wasnt so cold out, Id shoot some this weekend and let you know. But, I figured its impervious to anything I could throw at it. My 2cents

Thanks, I'm always interested in recommended products and procedures from you experts because this metal working is fairly new to me....the only filler I've dealt with is drywall compound..lol.

yes, your rear spring will be at angle to the ground. you want the front pearch 5 degrees up from level at ride heigth. this is so the axle and front spring are at 5 degrees too, your castor, so the front shackles dont bind.

Ron

Youngster said:
yes, your rear spring will be at angle to the ground. you want the front pearch 5 degrees up from level at ride heigth. this is so the axle and front spring are at 5 degrees too, your castor, so the front shackles dont bind.

Ron

Hey Ron....those front spring perch brackets were cut to perfection, nice and snug on the 2" front crossmember, it made the perch plate setup a breeze for welding. I couldn't imagine what the setup would have been like if there was too big of a gap in the brackets. Thanks a million.
Craig

you must be about ready to set ou the front end now, huh Craig. you'll have your roller before you know it.

Ron

Youngster said:
you must be about ready to set ou the front end now, huh Craig. you'll have your roller before you know it.

Ron

Not quite there yet Ron....the little woman has me building about 35' of fence, and I can only squeeze in the bucket project when she's either sick, sleeping or working....hmm maybe I should try sneeking some laxatives in her meals.,..lol

Being new to this forum. I figured I would come in with a bang. Bang. No really, here is the situation...
I downloaded youngsters plans for the frame build. Awesome, I must say youngster. I ordered my metal 2-20 ft. tubes 1 1/2 x 3 x 3/16. Yeah, 2 of them. Oops. Obviously I need to start reading instructions better. Luckely it only cost me 96 bucks for the pair.
So, here is the cool part...
My brother works for the metal shop that I purchased the tube from. So I get it cut for free.:lol: So I will have an extra set of of frame pieces except for front round tube.
So, anyone building youngsters frame, around northeast ohio, pm me and I will gladly give you my extra set of frame cuts.

Wow Stan, didn't take you long to pick up on the spirit of this forum. That is just what makes this site so awesome. Now, could we interest you in at t-shirt????

Ron

Go to the top of the page in the right hand corner click on store. you'll find the t-shirts there. Oh ... buy the way, there is also a donation box on the home page. Just in case you missed it. lol $5, $10, $20, $50, what ever you can afford will be appriecated.

Ron

Re: motor mounts

Is there someone who can help me out here. It seems the plans are not accessable thru the link anymore. I don't know how to fix that. Is there anyone out there who can??

Ron

Re: motor mounts

Youngster said:
Is there someone who can help me out here. It seems the plans are not accessable thru the link anymore. I don't know how to fix that. Is there anyone out there who can??

Ron

Ron,

The site hosting your file is doing some maintenance is all. I'm sure they will be back up soon. All servers need a little down time once in a while. Hopefully Mike will chime in about that. :cool:

David

fbn8248 is looking for a set. Could you help him out keeper? thanks....

Ron

Keeper,

Could you please shoot me a copy at rbswelder at yahoo.com?

Thanks,

Mark

Keeper - I got to digging on the puter and found Youngsters plans. PM me your email address and I send them right now.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back