Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

Can't wait now I have headers side pipes and the hey aren't that loud , many have mentioned being loud but mine aren't maybe it's my hearing lol

Bet ocean freight has you on speed dial! Do those have any baffles installed? Those would look great on my car!

They come with a baffle for each tube, but they have to be installed by the end user so Sanderson doesn't accrue any potential liability.

I'm at work today, will have to see what tomorrow is like, been a lot of rainy weather here all this week.

I had some other stuff that came in, so I want to try to get to where I can pull the body off so I can put the engine and trans in so I can get some measurements and get a driveline ordered.

Your T is gonna look great with those headers installed.

Thanks,

Not nearly as many pics of 27's as there are of 23's, and I've only found a couple with the 34 style grill, and of those, one had no exhaust yet, and the other had the usual header-extension-turnout setup, and of course, both were SBC so no way to get much idea of what my big block is going to look like.

But from the first 34 style grill pic I saw, I was hooked on that aggressive look, and the way the BBC Zoomies look, I picture them as the perfect match-up.

Guess if it ever stops raining here long enough for the ground to dry out some, I'll get to find out . . .

I've been a bit quiet lately . . . . :speechless:

Just kinda waiting for hurricane season to mostly pass before getting too involved with something major and then have another hurricane come up and have to scramble and get caught short . . .

Hurricane season actually ends on Nov 30th, but the real peak of the season ends around the 20th of this month, so I can start ramping up in a couple more weeks.

In preparation for the end of hurricane season, I ordered a second gantry crane, but only the 1000# capacity model this time, so that I can lift the body off the chassis with the top and windshield still in place.

I'd like to have the body off and the engine/trans installed by Halloweenish. assuming no more big storms or hurricanes . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This one came better packaged then the first one, decent wooden crate and all the parts wrapped in plastic inside, and weighed in at ~300#. (the first one is a 2000# capacity, weighed close to 400#, and IIRC, came in heavy cardboard packaging, that was pretty beat by the time it got here)

The guys at the freight warehouse put it in my truck, but wrestling it out and putting it together pretty much beat this old lady up . .

But the good news is that it's all assembled and works nicely and I'm ready to go for the engine/trans/install.

A few pics of the assembly adventure:

New Crane 1r.jpg

New Crane 2r.jpg

New Crane 3r.jpg

New Crane 4r.jpg

Watch the clearance on the power lines. Now you have a gantry for the chassis and body! I’d say you are fully prepared!

2 gantrys ? I'd be happy to have just one. Maybe at income tax return time. I plan to suspend the body above the rolling chassis. Once the chassis is finished , i'll glass the bottom of the bucket body floor. I'll paint the floors bottom then sit it back on top of the chassis.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back