Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Too hot to drive!

tfeverfred

It's been in the 100's for most of last month and there is no relief in sight!:eek: I went for a little run in my neighborhood in the evening and the temps had cooled down to 97 degrees.:mad:

Oh well, fall is in the horizon and I may decide to get a new windshield and a top for next summer. Houston sucks in the summer.

Tarzan couldnt survive in houston. Jane would divorce him and move to Tulsa.

Hey Bro move to the Detroit area.This summer hasn't got over 85 yet i dont think.Riding in the car is like 70 degress.Which to me sucks i need about 80 in cruising mode.(yes im a skinny old fart)

you can pick the home you want for 6500.00

rooster57 said:
Tarzan couldnt survive in houston. Jane would divorce him and move to Tulsa.

:) Too funny

Its been hot here too. However, they have had the street in front of my house torn up to repave it since Memorial Day. Maybe they will finish someday so i can get Becky out of the garage.

VegasBruce said:
Its been hot here too. However, they have had the street in front of my house torn up to repave it since Memorial Day. Maybe they will finish someday so i can get Becky out of the garage.
Bruce, I used to love going off road with my T, like down in Mexico, looking for a private spot to have a little lunch and a bit of fun.. hehe Don't let a little thing like a road tore up slow you down.. maybe you need a skid plate? Ride safe :)

send some heat north. It was 38 degrees the other night in Jackson Wyoming and we are just on the other side of the teton's.... cold here too.

Oldtman the view from there is always a favorite in my memory. Beautiful Country

Oldtman I love that part of the world have'nt been out there for a few years but the last time we went out the north gate of Yellostone through cook city and drove across the beartooth mnts at night to red lodge montanna.:lol:

In June of '93, I co-produced an 1880's "City Slicker" 90 mi cattle drive 75mi. sw of Cody, for "Good Morning America" series about American lifestyle vacations. . When we left the summer camp, it was 98. Three days later, at 8K elev., we had a blizzard and the wind blew down all of the cowboy tipis. We then went to Cody for the 4th of July parade and it snowed 3". The east pass was snowed in for three days, until the temp bounced back to 85. Wild weather in that area.

Hey Ron, don't let them fool you, Michigan sucks. I can't wait to get back home to Az.

"Tarzan couldnt survive in houston. Jane would divorce him and move to Tulsa."

Only thing Tulsa is different than Houston is the humidity. Most of the summer Houston is cooler than Tulsa. But it ain't the heat, its the humidity that is a b*tch in Houston. I was born in Tulsa and used to go there every summer and spend it with my grandparents. Used to have 5 acres across Yale from LaFortune Park and the Par 3. It is all apartments now. But we would spend most of the time at the cabin on Grand Lake. Wish I was there now.

Thanks Ted, it shouldn't be to much longer. They just need to put the asphalt back. As deep as they have it dug down think I'd tear off the oil pan. The Harley almost scrapes.

VegasBruce said:
Thanks Ted, it shouldn't be to much longer. They just need to put the asphalt back. As deep as they have it dug down think I'd tear off the oil pan. The Harley almost scrapes.
Yoooooooooooo Bruce, I tore up only ONE oil pan, in the early days, from then on I changed all my pans, they all have 1/4" bottoms now, and nothing to hook or get caught on, as I rool up the leading edge, so if needed it will slide over most any and everything, glad I did, as I have hit many unwanted things over the years that would have messed up my pan otherwise... Ride safe :)

captainjunk said:
so did you drill that front axle yet ? lol:cool:

Not YET!!!:lol:

I moved to AZ in '87 from Tulsa. I used to run around LaFortune Park. I had a new'85 Lincoln Mark Lsc with the deaer's paper tag. When I got back to the parking lot, I thought I had made a mistake so I went to the other parking lot. Nope, someone had stolen my new Mark, along with another guy's car, who also was standing there with a bewildered look. The cops called me 3 months later when they found it at Tulsa airport. It was driven 350mi and had cocaine residue in the trunk. Imagine that!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back