Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

TPI Gages

I am no electronic geek believe me I have trouble with the simplest of electronics.

That being said I had no problem with TPI guages. I have the electric speedo and the other large combo guage. I also purchased the electric sending unit from TPI.

Page 3 of the instructions seems pretty straight forward for programing the gear and tire size. The speedo according to a gps is within 1 mile per hour of accurate.

One thing I was wondering about is ground. Are guages grounded "GOOD". A bad ground can cause havoc with everything. I put a strip specifically made for gounding under the dash and grounded everything to that strip.

When we put our speedo in I calibrated one time and that has been 9,000 miles ago. One thing I did not do is all the accessory stuff like speed waring light, oil chage reminder, and I do not use the trip meter.

I am sorry you are having difficulties and I am surprised you cannot get help from the tech people. I purchased my guages at the Nats and months later changed my mind on the size and they swapped them no problem. I also called tech once and found them helpful. Maybe the economy has caused cut backs and the people left are overwhelmed?

Do you have the TPI instruction manual for guages? If not I can fax you mine.

Got my speedo problem solved today!

I looked at the instructions from NewVintageUSA.com site and saw that the max # of pulses per mile is 150,000. Decided to check the PPGn Hl from the bootup menu and found that it was set to 550,000 pulses per mile. Changed that to 150,000 and then went thru step 4 and it worked just fine. All this time of rewiring, pulling the gear etc etc and it was something simple. Never once did the tech have me check that setting. Now I have to verify that I'm really doing 30 mph when the speedo says 30.

Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back