Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Welder problem.

raidmagic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have a lincoln 3200HD and have had no problems with it untill today. I set everything up and hit the button and it fed wire for about 1/4" then stopped. I opened the side panel to find the wire coiled up at the hose it feeds through. I cut that off and cleared it but now I can't get the rest of the wire out of the hose. It will not pull through and there is nothing on the welder side to grip and pull back. Anyone know how to pull the hose off the welder body or another way to clear the wire? Thanks

If you can't fish it out, you need a new liner. The liner probably has a kink in it, so it may be bad. Liners need to be periodically changed, and they aren't too expensive. And it's easy to change. :D

I keep a new liner on hand when it kinks it sucks

Your machine looks a lot like my Weld Pak 155 so it should come out the same way mine does. Take the nozzle off and unscrew the innards to reveal the end of the liner. Inside the side door of the welder and above the feed roller there should be two wires plugged into the machine. Pull them out. There should be a wing bolt holding the lead (hose) into the case. Loosen it and pull the lead out of the front of the machine. There will be a small set screw near the welder end of the lead that will loosen the liner. Loosen it and pull the liner out the back of the lead.

der Spieler said:
Your machine looks a lot like my Weld Pak 155 so it should come out the same way mine does. Take the nozzle off and unscrew the innards to reveal the end of the liner. Inside the side door of the welder and above the feed roller there should be two wires plugged into the machine. Pull them out. There should be a wing bolt holding the lead (hose) into the case. Loosen it and pull the lead out of the front of the machine. There will be a small set screw near the welder end of the lead that will loosen the liner. Loosen it and pull the liner out the back of the lead.

Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Most liners come in a universal length and have to be cut to fit be very careful that all burrs are removed from cut end and wire slides through it before inserting new liner.

OK I got it out. It seems to have jammed and coiled where the lead goes into the machine. Once I got the lead out I was able to pull it back through and feed new wire in. It seems to feed fine, I just have no idea how it coiled where it did.

Coiled when it did..? It is caused by the wire feed wheel turning too easy, when you stop welding, the wheel will sometimes continue to turn, letting the wire fall off the spool, thus causing it to get twisted. You can ad a small piece if tin or whatever you like, screw it to the case of the welder so it rests againest the wire spool at a small amount of tension, enough to keep the spool from free wheelin at all, should cure the problem. :rolleyes: Did for a couple of my welders...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back