Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yet another newbe....this one in Michigan

Old Guy

Hello,
I'm old, live on a lake, got tired of boats, and got a '27 T-Bucket. A friend bought it needing a lot of work and he thought he would fix it up and sell it. After a few years of trying to find time, he gave up. He and I were having lunch one day and I asked him what ever happened to the "little car". Long story short.....now it's my "little car" that needs a lot of work.

I'm a retired machine designer/builder. I have a nice pole barn with a small machine shop in it. My wife died 5 years ago and I soon grew tired of riding around the lake alone. The T-Bucket is something to keep me busy doing something useful. That's about it.

Welcome from Indy! There will be an NTBA (National T-Bucket Alliance) event in Green Bay, WI this summer - just after The 4th of July. You should try to make it up and see some of the variety of buckets in person.

Welcome from St Louis! :) '27's have a little longer body than most T-buckets. Will yours have a traditional T-bucket look, with abbreviated P/U bed? Or will you keep the 'turtle deck' like a lot of '27 roadsters?

Welcome from St Louis! :) '27's have a little longer body than most T-buckets. Will yours have a traditional T-bucket look, with abbreviated P/U bed? Or will you keep the 'turtle deck' like a lot of '27 roadsters?
I'm not sure I know what each looks like. Mine is short....14" of gas tank to the "tail gate"

Welcome from New Mexico..................

Welcome from California. I'm sure you will keep busy adding your personal touches to your "little car". Have fun.

Welcome OldGuy from the Livonia area! I agree with Butch27...it is therapeutic. You find a lot of good folks on this site!

Here's mine
fk8fur.jpg

OK . . . didn't realize it was already built as a traditional bucket with short bed. The '27 'tubs' are just a little roomier than the '23's. Nice ride!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back