Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

4 Post Lifts

409T

Staff member
I didn't want to hijack @Spanky 's thread so I figured I would start a new one. I just sold my house and one of the terms was I had to leave my Revolution 4 post lift. It saddens me because I have had that one for about 20 years, and it was one of the last US made ones. So now I have to buy a new lift, who has a recommendation? Forward, Atlas, Bend-Pak, Challenger, something else? I'm thinking 8,000 lb. - 9,000 lb. capacity will also give me the length and width I need. Probably 220 V. motor also. The 110 V. ones take almost 3 times as long to rise.

I used to own a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership and I always bought Challenger lifts. We mainly used 2-post lifts but also had one of the 14,000 lbs 4-post extended length lifts. It was equipped with 2 air/hydraulic roller jacks which allowed you to take off the tires. I never had any issues with it and if I was looking to buy a lift, that’s where I would start. I mounted a small video camera and a cheap flat screen monitor on the wall in front of the lift which made it easier to center the front wheels when driving up the ramps.
Bill

I just purchased a Backyard Buddy Lift, made in the USA. I went for the "Big Buddy", so I could put my Tundra up on it!

I used to own a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership and I always bought Challenger lifts. We mainly used 2-post lifts but also had one of the 14,000 lbs 4-post extended length lifts. It was equipped with 2 air/hydraulic roller jacks which allowed you to take off the tires. I never had any issues with it and if I was looking to buy a lift, that’s where I would start. I mounted a small video camera and a cheap flat screen monitor on the wall in front of the lift which made it easier to center the front wheels when driving up the ramps.
Bill
The challenger lifts looked good, but the minimum capacity is 14,000 lbs. I probably only need half that, but to get the distance between posts I want I will probably need a 9,000 lb. lift. The 14,000 lb. Challenger would be nice, but I'm afraid slightly out of the budget. Thanks for the info though.

I did a little more research, and it looks like Challenger does sell 7,000 and 9,000 lb. lifts, thanks @Bill Pedersen. These look to be the closest to the one I am leaving behind, and they do offer 220 volt pumps. I have been spoiled by my old lift and just don't have the patience for the slow rise of the 110 volt units.

I’d love to have a lift in my garage. Not enough head room.
Yesterday I pulled my Midel A up on my ramps to add oil to the manual transmission. This morning my 75 year old body is quite sore from all the contortions required to do that simple task, but it’s done! We all have to make do with what we have (or, don’t have). A couple of Tylenol and a beer or two helps the sore muscles.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back