Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

4 Wheel Alignment

dovehunter79 said:
Does anyone have a how to?

Yea....its not as bad as you think.....I'm strickly a engine and drivetrain person, a friend of mine showed me........just keep everything clean and go slowwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyy..........

:biggrin: Screamin Sheetmetal is it even possible for u to go slow.:run:

rooster57 said:
:biggrin: Screamin Sheetmetal is it even possible for u to go slow.:run:

Yea Rooster.....sometime we do.......you know whats extremely embarrassing.....getting up there....do a great burnout......have the competitor do his....both cars stage.....as soon as the lite pops........they launch together....and your car spits the blower belt off.......and the guy in the other lane runs about 1/2 second slower than your car would've.......and your up to the next to the last race and it would've been a easy race.................a easy win...............:run:

Yea....I build all that mess and everyone busts my chops cause I drive so slowWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Ha! My job is to make some ones car GO well under 6 seconds in the 1/4 mile....but I ain't drivin'........... I love cruzin'.............:cool:

I personally like doing alignments on the rack at work. But there are alot of shortcuts to get the car to track straight. One that i like to use is use your eye to line up the inside side wall on the front tires lining up the front of the front tire and adjust your eye until you can see a straight line to the back tire with the front inside sidewall twice. then compare to the other side this also stops dogtracking.which is when you see a vehicle going down the road sideways.Best way is to set the total toe with tube between wheels then work on straightening the steering wheel with tube that connect to pitman arm. Making sure steering box is centered by counting total number of turns in steering wheel then count 1/2 the turns back to make sure box is centered.When I got my car box was put together wrong gears where off 1 tooth..JMO

Thanks guys.... I had a mis-hap with my rear radius rods last night and had to order some new shocks, looks like Ill be having alot of fun this weekend!!!

By the way, I have Tim's data sheet in doc, jpg and pdf formats if anyone wants a copy. PM me or e-mail at lee dot metcalfe at jocogov dot com.

Lee_in_KC said:
By the way, I have Tim's data sheet in doc, jpg and pdf formats if anyone wants a copy. PM me or e-mail at lee dot metcalfe at jocogov dot com.

Lee,

I sent you a PM and an Email...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back