Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

417 days!

tfeverfred

That's how long it took to end my nightmare with the City of Houston after my accident. As I said before, I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy. All is right in my world now. Except one little thing. That cop owes me an appoligy for the way he acted after the accident. Yelling and pointing blame without even asking if I was hurt or not and lying about who's at fault. This guy acted like a real smuck. I know that an accident is a tramatic experience, but as a representative of law enforcement, I hold them and other city servants to a higher standard. But, I'll probably never get it, so on to other things.

My car is pretty much like she was, except for changes to the damaged front. As some of you know, I used to have Hallcraft wires and a tube axle up front. Now I have a Super bell "I" beam and steel wheels. It looks a little better and is for sure stouter, but I sure miss the look of those black wire wheels. Earlier this year, after I got her back together, I had to have the tranny worked on. Nothing major, juust a good going through. She seemed to be slipping. I also replaced the radiator (which was a gift) and had to install an electric fan due to clearance issues. Well, no sooner did that get taken care of, then my insurance ran out. During this time, I was laid off and needed to use the money to renew it on more important stuff, so my cruising was confined to my neighborhood. Basicly, just shooting around to keep my head up and motivated. I sure do miss cruising through downtown and the Med Center, but I'll be doing that soon enough.

Here are a few old pics of what she basicly looks like now.

lights004.jpg

lights003-1.jpg

Those pics were taken towards the end of the reconstruction. My plans for the near future call for thicker front radius rods and possibly having the interior redone. Will I paint it? Not quite sure yet, but it's a strong thought now that I have a little cash to toss about.

Guys, I have to thank you Tbucketeers who came through, in particular, Keeper (guy you came through BIG), Paul R and TbbucketLar. Thanks friends. Also HAMBers Flatheadpete, Matt at CMX (a local hot rod shop) and Scotty Baccus (owner of a shop up in Hutto, Texas) and even though we had a disagreement on work, Mikey. Without you guys, I would have lost my mind and/or given up. Thanks.

I'll be getting a digital camera soon and will have much better pics to post. So, that's it. I'm happy with the settlement, my lawyer kicks ass and the city of Houston sucks the big one. Thanks again!

Glad that nightmare is finally over.I joined just as you where finishing your bucket then it got smashed by a dink.But good to see you came out of all this Without any real serious injury.Keep that bucket rolling.

For those that may have forgotten, before the wreck:

valvecovers004.jpg

and after the wreck:mad::

accident2.jpg

Fred, this is only my opinion but I think that your car look a whole lot better without the wires and the beam axle is a sweet touch. IMHO

Jim

EX JUNK said:
Fred, this is only my opinion but I think that your car look a whole lot better without the wires and the beam axle is a sweet touch. IMHO

Jim

Jim. many have said so and I tend to agree. But those wires just had such an "outlaw" look and the price was to die for. Traction and steering all improved with the change up and I'm happy with it. Perhaps my only regret is not drilling the "I" beam when I had the chance, but RPM may get the call to do that as well as my radius rods. Time will tell.

I hate accidents and cops even more (they seem to turn into dicks when you are in a hotrod). Glad to here you were ok and the car looks just a good I think.

Man......that was heart wrenching to se that car wreck!!!! Glad it worked out for you!!! The car looks great!

I love happy endings:D

Mike

looks good Fred, accidents suck, even more so when they dont take the blame. this to shall pass. she looks purty,
Chaz

mikesplumbing said:
Hey I forgot to ask what size tires and rims are on the back......before the wreck?

Mike

I'll have to go look, but they are about the size Exjunk is running. Give me a minute to check.

275-60R-15 Rim is by Wheel Vintiques

Thanks Fred.....I got to thinking and I have a set of brand new rims from Wheel Vintiques (silver) and a brand new set of bfg's that have never seen the road. I bought them two years ago when I restored my 67 Chevelle and decided to use a different set-up. Anyhow I was thinking of using them just to get started. Turns out the same rims and tires you have on the back of yours is the same as I have in storage.

Thanks for taking the time to go out and check!!!! I appreciate it.:lol:

Mike

I hope you like the look as much as I do. I wanted a simple look and they fit the bill. I forget what size I had at first. This size was a suggestion from ExJunk and it worked out great.

Sure am glad that is over for you. It took my wife 7 years of fighting with the insurance company.

You still have plenty of time down there before the weather turns for some good cruising, so get to it!!!!

As for the help, it was glad to do it, keep up the work with the vets down there :lol:

Brian

Keeper said:
Sure am glad that is over for you. It took my wife 7 years of fighting with the insurance company.

You still have plenty of time down there before the weather turns for some good cruising, so get to it!!!!

As for the help, it was glad to do it, keep up the work with the vets down there :lol:

Brian

You got it, man!

Glad to here everything worked out in the end. I'm with you cops are very arrogant when you have an accident in a Hot Rods. I had a wreck years ago on a motorcycle, and a motorcycle cop showed up at the scene. He walked up and said man I need an 8 X 10 glossy of this wreck. I got my jab in about a month later, when he wrecked and I happened to be driving by, I stopped and said I need an 8 X 10 glossy of this wreck. He looked at me and remembered me. I just smiled really big.:):D:D:D

Eric

Wow, 417 days, its a shame it took so long to get things taken care of. However its over congrats. Miss Fortune sure looks purty. Congrats Fred on closure (even though the officer didn't admit his fault). I look forward to maybe cruising with you someday soon.

Whoo Hoo ! Fred is BACK !!!! Good to see you here dude !!
I and a lot of others used the information and motivation from you to keep us working on ours ..
Thanks

RocknT said:
Whoo Hoo ! Fred is BACK !!!! Good to see you here dude !!
I and a lot of others used the information and motivation from you to keep us working on ours ..
Thanks

You're welcome, but I never left. I just had other stuff jammed in my head for a while. Can't live on T Buckets alone.

But I sure am trying.:D

Having a car like your's makes you cool. Having a picture of you and Billy Gibbons, and a car like your's makes you one of the coolest. :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back