Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another member to blame on Fred

That's right its all TfeverFred's fault that I am here...

I've been lurking for quite some time and felt it was FINALLY time to say a bit.

I am building a bucket based on Old Dog Streetrod's "kit".

A bit different than the typical bucket.

Mustang II front end, reverse-slant track nose, 355/385 HP SBC.

Here is where it gets interesting. I am building under the advice of my designer. He is my 19 year old disabled son. He will never live a normal life, will never drive, can never live independently but he is a gearhead through and through.

Picasa Web Albums - Jim - Rod Project

So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Welcome Really nice bucket interesting design on the mustang front end.Should handle better than a straight axle.

Welcome to the forum, nice pictures, it looks like you're off to a great start.

:hijacked:

That's cool! This build is definitely different and on the right track. Keep posting the pics!

Great lookin bucket very nice workman ship. welcome to the best t site anywhere.

Thanks gentlemen!

What can I say, Fred was the cause of me being here, though the lurk was all my fault.

Project is on hold while I settle a "minor domestic dispute" but I hope to get back to work on it soon. The crew at ODSR like my take on the T Bucket, "Bad A$$" has been the adjective more than once.

I wanted to take a slightly different tack.

My son chose the platform, I just make the safety and mechanical decisions. He has final say over what cosmetics go into it. Color? He bounces between metallic blue with silver ghost flames and a simple satin black. I won't know until we get to that point in the build where we really go. Either is kewl with me...

I vote for the metallic blue (but I'm kinda biased!)

Seriously, I think doing this build with your son is really cool. I built mine with my dad andI would have never completed it without him. I could see the pride in his eyes when I fired it up and drove it up and down the street for the first time. Building this car was probably the best extended experience I've had with my dad and I'll never forget it. I'm getting older (and so is he) and we'll probably never spend the kind of time together that we did on this build, so it pretty special to me. Your son will feel the same way.

Bens27127.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

Nice rig there, Ben.

I can't claim much on the workmanship. That's how it came from Old Dog. They built the frame and have done all the welding thus far other than some badly-tacked brackets and that trans crossmember I had to move.

Mig welds do so much better when the gas actually makes it to the torch! Sorted since.

The frame is 3/16 wall. TIG welded, beautiful work. Their welder is an absolute artist.

Beemryder, very nice so far. The independent front end is interesting and should be relatively smooth. Is the rear a "floating" rear end?

John

Yep John, its a Winters Grand National rear end. Thought it needed something a little different and so it goes...

I figure that if it can hold up to 700+ HP on a paved circle track, I'm not gonna be able to hurt it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back