Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ball joints

I agree with all you guys, the top joints have zerks the lower ones do not , so what ever ones I get will have zerks that's for sure. And ill definitely be over greaseing them.

You know howthe old guy always has a story ? Well, when I was a young mechanic working at the local chevy garage , I was intrduced to the fella that worked the front end rack... everybody called him "ball joint Carl ".... anywho , Carl was known to install LOTS of ball joints , I was close enough 1 day to watch Carl convince a young man that his less than year old car needed ball joints... He jacked up the car taking the weight off the ball joint , put a bar under the tire & showed the guy how the joint had vertical "slop"in it..... after the convinced customer walked away I said to Carl "Don't they all do that ??... His reply was "Yea kid , But he don't know that !!! Moral of the story ...make sure the guy checking knows what's good & what's bad........ and is HONEST!!!!!
dave

You know howthe old guy always has a story ? Well, when I was a young mechanic working at the local chevy garage , I was intrduced to the fella that worked the front end rack... everybody called him "ball joint Carl ".... anywho , Carl was known to install LOTS of ball joints , I was close enough 1 day to watch Carl convince a young man that his less than year old car needed ball joints... He jacked up the car taking the weight off the ball joint , put a bar under the tire & showed the guy how the joint had vertical "slop"in it..... after the convinced customer walked away I said to Carl "Don't they all do that ??... His reply was "Yea kid , But he don't know that !!! Moral of the story ...make sure the guy checking knows what's good & what's bad........ and is HONEST!!!!!
dave

Agreed!

That's funny but true. I have checked it my self as well, and you can hear it clunking. But that doesn't mean I no what I'm talking about.:thumbsdown:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back