Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Been lurking- signed up-intro time

fuzzy

Names Fuzzy, I'm an old timer living in Va. Don't currently own a T but did have a 27 roadster awhile back. It was typical open wheeled SBC motor, dropped axle and big M/T on the back. I have built a variety of rods over the years. My project is a VW body on a 2x3 frame with 40 ford axle and radius rods and componets from RPM so that part is similar to the T buckets. This forum is cool so hope you don't mind me hanging out. Maybe I can contribute from time to time. I may build a T-bucket for my next project.

Attachments

• 1970 volkswagen 013 (Small).jpg
    1970 volkswagen 013 (Small).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 1970 volkswagen 010 (Small).jpg
    1970 volkswagen 010 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 77
Names Fuzzy, I'm an old timer living in Va. Don't currently own a T but did have a 27 roadster awhile back. It was typical open wheeled SBC motor, dropped axle and big M/T on the back. I have built a variety of rods over the years. My project is a VW body on a 2x3 frame with 40 ford axle and radius rods and componets from RPM so that part is similar to the T buckets. This forum is cool so hope you don't mind me hanging out. Maybe I can contribute from time to time. I may build a T-bucket for my next project.

Sure looks just like a t bucket frame with a V-dub body hung on it. Pretty cool!!

I hate to make a referral to another website on here and hope Admin doesn't mind, but the Volksrods community would LOVE to watch this build also.

You going with the flat 4 in the back or going with V8 up front?

Cool, I like it. The chop has a good shape to it. What is the rear suspension? What are you going to power it with? Oh yeah, welcome. :hi:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys....the rear is 8.8 Mustang, I used stock type triangulated 4 link and VW coilover shocks. I will use a 283 SBC and powerglide trans for motivation. Here's couple more pics...

Attachments

• 1970 volkswagen 011 (Small).jpg
    1970 volkswagen 011 (Small).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1970 volkswagen 023 (Small).jpg
    1970 volkswagen 023 (Small).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 1970 volkswagen 017 (Small).jpg
    1970 volkswagen 017 (Small).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 54
Welcome and greetings from the sunny hills of Colorado.

I vote, go for it. I can the '64 V-Dub that I drove back and forth to work in the early seventies while my '69 Corvette sat in the garage until the weekend.

Keep us up dated.

Welcome to the forum Fuzzy.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys....the rear is 8.8 Mustang, I used stock type triangulated 4 link and VW coilover shocks. I will use a 283 SBC and powerglide trans for motivation. Here's couple more pics...

Kewl

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back