Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Fred !!!!!! What the heck. 10 days in the hospital is no picnic. What happened ? How'd you do it ?
When will you be mobil again? Was it related to your accident in your first T ?

Best of luck, do everything they tell you to do as far as rehab.

John

Wow! So sorry to hear that, Fred. Hope you make a full recovery. We're pulling for you!!!:):thumbsup:

Fred !!!!!! What the heck. 10 days in the hospital is no picnic. What happened ? How'd you do it ?
When will you be mobil again? Was it related to your accident in your first T ?

Best of luck, do everything they tell you to do as far as rehab.

John

I was helping a friend do an engine swap in a '53 Chevy. I just pulled instead of waiting for the hoist STUPID! 2 weeks of rehab...... maybe 3. That's it. T Buckets on hold until after New Years. I'm okay with that.

thats not good at all hope you get feeling better soon hospital stays are no fun for sure but every once in a while you get a cute nurse:cautious:

Today I received a package from Recycled T. Motor mount cushions! Every little bit helps and it got my spirits up.

Okay..... got off my azz tonight and drilled out the steering arms to take a Grade 8, 5/8" bolt. Checked for fit and everything looks good. Tomorrow, I'll prep and and paint the calipers, brackets, spacers, steering arms and tie rod. Of course, pics are forth coming.;) Ain't no dang back pain gonna keep a hot rodder down!

I prepped, primed and got on a good first color coat. Houston's weather this time of year is making me cautious. I'll apply a second color coat before the night is over. I took some pics, but they came out too dark. Tomorrow, when I get in from work, I'll hopefully have enough sunshine to get so better pics.

Second color coat.... DONE! Looks good.

Got in from work and got after it.

full

full

full

full

I had to grind a bit of Ron's steering arm to clear the caliper, but it was worth it. Ron's parts are made to give a bit of freedom to even a minor fabricator. Plus, his stuff is MADE IN THE USA. So, the next time you think about going some where else, call Ron. It's worth it.

I didn't paint the steering arm because I want to check clearance by the shock tower. Line of sight says she'll work. Later this evening, I'll install the toe rod.

Last edited:
And...... done. Clearance is 9/16" and I have full movement stop to stop.

full

full

full

I'll say it before somebody else does... remember to remind yourself to put washers on those heims.
Looking good!

Thanks, Ron.

I'll say it before somebody else does... remember to remind yourself to put washers on those heims.
Looking good!
To expand on that, is that a safety thing incase the heim pulls out and you only need 1 correct ?

To expand on that, is that a safety thing incase the heim pulls out and you only need 1 correct ?

To keep the large diameter of the rod end body from ever passing over the nut or bolt head.

safetywasherheader528.jpg

To keep the large diameter of the rod end body from ever passing over the nut or bolt head.

When used in single shear. If the other side is against a bracket or a mount that's bigger than the rod end body, it's not needed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back